Coming up Wednesday

Wildfires burn through Colorado causing thousands to evacuate, and protests in Turkey are in 13th day. Tune in at 7am ET.
April 18th, 2012

Starting Point live blog for Wednesday, April 18th, 2012

This morning, "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien" is live at 7am Eastern. Today, Soledad talks with panelists TheBlaze.com contributor Will Cain, TeaPartyExpress.org chairman Amy Kremer and Wall Street Journal political reporter Naftali Bendavid. Today's stories include:

* Nugent threatens death if Obama wins in November
* 100 days to go: Is London ready for the 2012 Olympics?
* Senate to hold hearing on GSA probe

Share your comments in the section below. If you're not by a TV, you can watch us here at CNN.com/Live. Let's get started.
****************************

[UPDATED 8:43amET] Dan Cohen w/ Music & Memory says half the people in nursing homes have no visitors, so choosing the right music to help people is critical.

[UPDATED 8:04amET] Nick Paton Walsh reports on photos of soldiers posing with suicide bombers in Afghanistan.

[UPDATED 7:57amET] Rain Pryor talks about her new show "Fried Chicken and Latkes" says 'as someone who is black and Jewish, I'm just part of the human race.'

[UPDATED 7:47amET] Today's "Get Real" – man pays $200k+ to relocate a shrub.

[UPDATED 7:02amET] Sen. James Inhofe says he's not sure what everyone is excited about in terms of Ted Nugent's comments.

[UPDATED 7:00amET] Breaking News: LA Times to release photos of U.S. troops posing with suicide bombers. We'll have the latest through the morning.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. L Klingle

With regard to the Secret Service Prostitution Scandal...I am sure the Secret Service screws around and that things like this are not isolated to this one incident, but find it hard to believe that no one at CNN has challenged the part of the story that there was a dispute about payment of $800. for one womans services for one agent...as the MONTHLY salary in Colombia for what would be the equivalent in the US for someone living well, in the upper middle class here ($6,000. to $8,000. US) is $600. a month...check it out yourself...if that were the case, I'd move there and do tricks myself...as one would live as a millionaire...

April 19, 2012 at 8:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Missy Spears

Ted Nugent needs a shrink - he's got real problems besides basic ignorance.

April 18, 2012 at 9:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. uhuru1956

I would like to ask your Tea Party panelist or any Republican how she/they would like to pick up my prescriptions – Spiriva and Advair? I did not pick up part D as I have been in excellent health and in going to the Walmart pharmacy (less expensive) my tab for those two drugs was $580.00 and that is per month. OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I will not be using those drugs. I know that Congress has FERS and gosh, I would like to have access to that also because I pay part B, a suplemental and now I will have to pay for part D plus a penalty that I was unaware of. How would you like to pick up my tab as my insurances are NOT tax deferred. It's time this Congress got off of it's duff and stop scaring the large portion of the public that do not take the time to inform themselves about issues and allow the US to come up to the standards of the rest of the industrial nations.

April 18, 2012 at 8:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Leonard Harmon

If the school authorities had placed their hands on the little girl from Milledgeville, they would have been sued. No doubt.

April 18, 2012 at 7:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Uche

I am appalled on your handling the issue of Ted Nuggent with Inofe. You guys just play a clip that you want and panda from there. Why done you play a fuller clip to include where he called the President and other members of the admin criminals and urged his listening to chop off their heads.
    You guys at CNN always claim to be in the middle and not claiming sides on issues yet you do a partial reporting of these same issue.
    The chairman and president of ExxonMobil testifying b4 congress last May said the price of oil, based on economic parameter alone, should be about $60-$70 but the actual price that day was $98.90. Listen to his testimony and you will see the difference – Oil Futures speculators.
    Pleaset\ try and report the news accurately

April 18, 2012 at 7:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Wallace

Soledad, if you want the truth about anything then why do you invite the likes of Jim Inhofe?

April 18, 2012 at 7:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Matt Blank

Sen. James Inhofe said "The US does not export its own resources."... Where are the fact checkers on this one?

April 18, 2012 at 7:22 am | Report abuse | Reply