This morning, 24-year-old graduate student Aimee Copeland is fighting for her life after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria.
Copeland, a master's student at the University Of West Georgia, had her world turned upside down two weeks ago. She was zip-lining with friends near the little Tallapoosa River, about 50 miles west of Atlanta, when her homemade zipline snapped, leaving her with a major gash in her leg. Emergency room doctors used 22 staples to close the wound, then sent her home.
After days of intense pain, a friend carried Copeland back to the emergency room where doctors diagnosed her with Necrotizing Fasciitis. She's now in critical condition, and has lost her left leg and part of her abdomen.
This morning, parents Andy and Donna Copeland say on "Starting Point" that their daughter doesn't remember much but appears to be most concerned with missing out on school work.