Coming up Wednesday

Wildfires burn through Colorado causing thousands to evacuate, and protests in Turkey are in 13th day. Tune in at 7am ET.
September 3rd, 2012

Starting Point live blog for Monday, Sept. 3rd, 2012

NOTE: Click here if you're having trouble seeing the Starting Point live blog updates.

Also if you're trying to vote in the poll, scroll down to the second page to vote and see results.

We've opened a live blog for "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien" this morning, with Soledad live from the CNN grill in Charlotte, NC with a preview of the Democratic National Convention. Soledad and our Starting Point producers will be moderating.

We encourage you to share your comments, ask questions, and maybe even record a webcam response to post to the feed.

A few ground rules:

* All comments and video submissions will be moderated, so please refrain from using any inappropriate language or gestures. We want to keep this a lively, interesting conversation.
* Any webcam submissions are limited to one minute long. Try to keep your responses short.
* By posting in this live blog, you agree any comments & content with your name and profile picture may be used by CNN, its affiliates and licensees in all media. CNN.com/privacy

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Joan E. Ashley

I am a white 65yr old woman, and I agree full heartedly with your last guest. It is deplorable how the Republicans have been against anything Pres. Obama has tried to accomplish , and even with that he has accomplished much. I feel that Mitt Romney is trying to buy this presidency. He and his big bucks cronies will do anything to get him elected. including lying, and misstating the truth. They are not for the middle class, the upper middle class, women's rights, gay rights. They are only for the rich. Thank God the President Obama will be reelected.

September 3, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. BinW

Someone has to start calling these Repubs on the 2 year majority lie. Between not seating Al Franken and the death of Ted Kennedy, between Sept. 09 and Feb 10 they were in session for about 77 days. This included independent Joe Lieberman and Blue Dogs. Come on people get the record straight. Don't let them win this lie!

September 3, 2012 at 8:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Joann Emerson

Watching Joe Klein speak on the DNC is a joke. The RNC is for whites only. You may see a few Latinos and African Americans, but very few. It is clear Klein is an angry white male. Let's be honest, this election is about a black man in the White House. Most of your Starting Point panel is white with a sprinkle of other. I stopped watching your show, because of your shows lack of diversity. The show is clearly slanted toward the RNC point of view. Soledad, you should join FOX and stop trying to keep your job. STAND UP!! Thanks, Rep. Cummimgs!

September 3, 2012 at 8:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. phil

I live in Canada -reply to Israel Barrera Jr. yes, I do feel safer than four or five years ago. I hope President Obama gets in the White House and I feel safe again for the following four years. I like someone who can think and is not a hothead with Threats of war. Did not M O'Connor say that he and his party would be working for a one term president? What ever was proposed by Obama was a no no no for the republicans in congress!

September 3, 2012 at 8:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Bernard Weston

I have been unemployed or under employed the past 18 months, I am 48 years old and this is the fist time in my life I have ever struggled to find gainful employment. I am on food stamps. I was last on food stamps in the early 80'tys when I was a 20'something struggling in college as a full time student.

September 3, 2012 at 8:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Dave

definitely better off then I was 4 years ago. the economy has enjoyed any increase for over 2 years straight. Private sector jobs continue to go on the upswing. bin Laden is dead and GM is alive. Troops are coming home and unnecessary wars are coming to an end. My personal economy is great. If you want your life better than it was 4 years ago you, have that option if you work hard enough. We did not build this separately, we built this together, and we will continue to flourish together.

September 3, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Bill Chamberlain

The quick answer to that question is YES. The end of the Bush Cheney Administration was a disaster, economically and socially!!!! We'll be much better when President Obama continues in his second term, and congress repeals the Bush Tax Breaks for the WEALTHY/NON-JOB CREATING/ OUTSOURCING BILLIONAIRES!!!

September 3, 2012 at 7:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Matt Webber

I think I am much better off, though being a veteran, I'd love to see the afghan war end. The only thing that is worse for me is how frightening it is to see so much hatred and lies come out of the GOP, the amount of people who agree and seem to have amnesia of the previous administration and it's destructive policy's. Scary stuff..

September 3, 2012 at 7:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Jack Miyler

Of course we are better off. We have been digging out of the mine shaft that Bush 2 threw us in but we have had distractions from the republican led congress that keep throwing stuff under the wheels of our recovery. We will only make progress if partisan politics are stopped and we are'nt influenced by elves from the planet Kolob.

September 3, 2012 at 7:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. John C

CNN, you need to coach Soledad to hold back her bias for President Obama when she attempts to cover the elections. Of all your anchors, she is way to quick to cut off and aggressively over talk her conservative guests and acts just like a Fox News or MSNBC commentator. Frankly it goes against the standards CNN is trying to keep on being neutral and has me switching the channel whenever she is on. I am a big fan of CNN but if this doesn't change soon, I am going to be going to other broadcasters for my election and political coverage.

September 3, 2012 at 7:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • saving middle class

go elsewhere to watch...because Wolf Blitzer is just the opposite. He is always defending and cutting off democrats...no one can keep total bias out of jounalism..or just watch Wolf and you get what you need from cnn and repubicans..

September 4, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Paul Corley

I'm much better off now then I was four years ago. Job promotion, salary raise, purchased new home & a positive outlook for the rest of 2012.

September 3, 2012 at 7:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. ISRAEL BARRERA JR

CNN IS DOING IT AGAIN BY BEING VERY PERSISTENT WITH THE THEME , ARE YOU BETTER OFF TODAY THAN FOUR YEARS AGO ? ONCE MORE , CNN COULD NOT WAIT ON SOUNDING NEGATIVE ABOUT PRESIDENT OBAMA , AND HIS AMINISTRATION. THE REPBLICANS MUST BE FEELING GOOD ABOUT IT , FOR CNN IS DOING IT FOR THEM. WHY NOT SAY , ARE WE SAVER TODAY THAN FOUR OR FIVE YEARS AGO ? ALSO , LAST WEEK CNN WAS TREATING ROMNEY WITH GOLDEN GLOVES , AND BEING MOSTLY POSITIVE ON THE WHOLE REPULICAN CONVENTION COVERAGE. I JUST WONDER , ON WHO IS PULLING THE STRINGS.

September 3, 2012 at 7:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Matt Webber

First off, your caps lock is on. Didn't know if you realized that or not. Secondly, it's actually a very basic question, are you better off or not? The only way that question could be negative towards POTUS is within the answer, witch you didn't even give. Also this isn't fox news, CNN shouldn't be praising one side or the other and I'm damn proud they are not. It's as honest as your gonna get in the mainstream. So Israel, relax a bit. They just wanted a simple answer, are you better off or not?

September 3, 2012 at 7:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • John C

It will all balance out this week when they do the same for the Democrats and their convention. Besides, I can't understand how you see Soledad O'Brian as being other than completely bias on the air towards the current administration. She constantly cuts off and over talks her conservative guests and comes across as an Obama supporter and cheerleader. The others on CNN – Cooper, Burnett, Blazer, etc. are all much more balanced and professional. She is really hurting the CNN brand – this coming from someone who is an independent voter and someone who voted for Obama in the last election. BTW, asking if you are better off today than four years is exactly the question and a more than fair one just about everyone i know asks when looking at the presidential candidates.

September 3, 2012 at 7:34 am | Report abuse | Reply