Coming up Wednesday

Wildfires burn through Colorado causing thousands to evacuate, and protests in Turkey are in 13th day. Tune in at 7am ET.
September 4th, 2012

VIDEO: Tea Party Express's Amy Kremer says President Obama doesn't 'love America the way we do'

In a feisty exchange on "Starting Point" this morning, Tea Party Express's Amy Kremer explains why she believes President Obama doesn't "love America the way we do."

For more, get the rush transcript after the jump below.

RUSH TRANSCRIPT:

O'BRIEN: Amy, let me ask you a question. Because someone sent to me this tweet - I swear to God I can't see anything anymore - that you sent out at the end of August at 10:55 p.m. "Huge difference between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama is that Mitt loves America. We need a president that loves this country." I think that's from - I missed this one, but someone forwarded it to me.

Do you think that President Obama doesn't love this country? What does that mean?

KREMER: I think that he is more about a global - being a global - oh, what's the word? Being more one world, global, with you know other countries and it's not about the shining city on the hill, the greatness that has always been America that our founding fathers were about. I do believe that. I - I mean, I absolutely believe it. I'm not going to run from that.

Look, I mean, President Obama, and I know I'm going to take a lot of heat for this, but he's never run anything. Mitt Romney, you asked me what is the case for Mitt Romney, Mitt Romney time and time again has taken companies that are failing and turned them around to make them successful.

I mean, he turned the Salt Lake City Olympics around. He ran the state of Massachusetts. Because what I'm saying is we are - we are failing. We are about to go off this fiscal cliff. And we need somebody that can turn it around.

President Obama has not turned it around. I'm sorry he hasn't -

NUTTER: But the Governor has also - but the Governor has also taken over companies and put people out of work. At the expense of losing jobs and making money for himself and for his investors. If you're going to tell one side of the story, tell the other side.

KREMER: I mean and you know and President Obama's energy policy, if it's - and in President Obama's energy policy if it's implemented, it's going to cost - I mean let me see. I have the numbers right here because I'm not very good with numbers. But it's going to cost us 7.3 million jobs by 2020. And $1 trillion in compliance costs between 2020 and 2030.

(CROSSTALK)

O'BRIEN: I just never understand what any of that has to do with loving the nation. I mean, I honestly, I always feel like that's a code word for something else.

(CROSSTALK)

KREMER: I just I mean, I don't feel like he is -

NUTTER: What is the basis for questioning the President's love for this country? How can you say that?

KREMER: I just I don't believe that he loves America the way that we do.

NUTTER: Based on what? We who?

KREMER: He is more about one world - I mean more about -

NUTTER: What does that mean?

KREMER: I just explained it to you.

NUTTER: Well, clearly, I'm not understanding.

KREMER: Well, I mean, don't know how else to explain it.

LIZZA: His foreign policy - his foreign policy that you look at it and say, oh that's Obama wants America to be gone and he wants one world?

KREMER: I mean we are not leading. We're waiting on others to tell us what to do. That's never been the American way.

LIZZA: What specifically? What specifically?

KREMER: I believe it was Syria. Was it Syria that or one of the conflicts where we - the French told us we could go and do what we needed to do. Were - that's - that's not the American way. We need to lead.

NUTTER: Well, maybe this is America now.

KREMER: But this is the thing the foreign policy - it's not about foreign policy we're never all going to agree on foreign policy. But why the Tea Party Movement has been so successful is because of the fiscal responsibility.

LIZZA: I think what you're saying is leading from behind, right?

KREMER: Yes.

LIZZA: So I was the journalist that actually reported that quote. So the leading from behind is something that was told to me. And actually, what it refers to is the strategy in the UN, the U.S. led a coalition in the UN to get military authorization to topple Gadhafi.

So the quote actually is the opposite of what you're saying. It actually refers to the strategy that Obama used in the UN to get all of the nations to support the U.S.'s use of force resolution because after the Bush years, it was really hard for the U.S. to go to the UN and get support because Bush was really, really unpopular.

O'BRIEN: But people didn't care about foreign policy. I guess my question is, when I hear somebody say that someone doesn't love the country, and you know I'm very susceptible to the dog whistle thing.

KREMER: The what?

O'BRIEN: That dog whistle that there is a message in that. When someone says that somebody doesn't love the country and you're talking about the President I just find that to be a very odd comment.

KREMER: I don't believe - I mean look, we're sitting - I mean we're sitting here, is our goal really in this administration to be the leader that we always have been, to be that shining city on the hill?

(CROSSTALK)

O'BRIEN: What does that have to do with love for your country? Mitt loves his country and President Obama doesn't?

KREMER: If you love this country and you want to restore our heritage and that sort of thing, you go out there and you lead. You don't wait on others to tell you what to do. And you take those bold steps. I mean, I don't think that that's what the objective of this administration is.

O'BRIEN: So I'm going to stop you there. Mr. Mayor, stop. Because I have had so many people screaming in my ear that we have so gone over. I thank you for this conversation. We've got to take a break. We're back on the other side.

1. Left-No Right-No Awake-Yes

One more thing, Romney ran a company as a CEO. That's different than being President where you have a congress and senate to deal with. Why so many people confuse president with a king is beyond me.
    She also makes the point that Romney was governor of Massachusetts. Obama has been a senator and the president.

September 5, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Left-No Right-No Awake-Yes

How can the U.S. be the 'leaders of the world' when we're up to our eye balls in debt to China? By the way, that has nothing to do with any one president, that's just us Americans wanting things for the best price, which is what you get with so much being produced by the Chinese and sold to us for cheap.

September 5, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. SGT RAYRAY

hehehehehehehe.... this lady is is speaking in code...hummmmmm. Just say what you really mean, we all know it. Either way, Obama will win in November because we the people, the majority know better and are more informed about the facts of how we got here and how we will get out. Obama has a plan, Romney only knows how to criticize, he sort of reminds me of Sen. Kerry; when he lost against the dumbest President in U.S. history, Bush.

September 5, 2012 at 12:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Left-No Right-No Awake-Yes

The tea party woman is too easy a target. It's just the same ol' talking points they've used for years now. Sounds a lot like Palin to me, but then they all pretty much say the same thing.

September 4, 2012 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. tony

T Party = TREASON without REASON.

September 4, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Patricia

Let's see – she can't come up with the word, she's not good with numbers, and she doesn't know her current affairs. The panel was far to kind to this woman – but it's good to know the Tea Party is in good hands.

September 4, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. steve from St. Louis

We all know who she is referring to with "like WE do." "WE" are white people. How can these morons keep spewing their racist crap?

September 4, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Shayla

I would love for the Tea Party camp to qualify who the "we" was their ineloquent leader spoke of. I would also like them to add a little color around the "heritage" that needs to be restored and whose heritage that is exactly. Luckily, I can decipher "shade" when its being thrown so let me break down the "code" words in which she spoke. It's really simple. The " We" is code for white people. He (this Black man) doesn't love this country like "white people" do and the "heritage" is the Jim Crow laws that would have never allowed a black man into the Presidential Office.

September 4, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Machine

The tea party has been – and will be – simply a hideout until it is safe to return to the Republican brand. GOP forces will never allow the great unwashed rank and file to define or control the Republican party. In time the tea party pols will either be turned to the dark side or sent back to their Tatooine to languish in obscurity.

September 4, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Michael Jay

Where does this lady get her material. If Obam were white; I don't think she would even trty to make a statement like that. Every word from her mouth; at least in this interview is incorrect. She still hasn't a clue as to what Romney did to the companies purchased by Bain Capital. He made loans on these dying companies and then gutted them leaving the emoloyees jobless while he profitted on the loan that sank them. It's always amazing just how many people actually believe that because Obama didn't wave his magic wand to erase 8 years of bad government that He actually created the problem. I know that this lady is just one more racist at least in her opinion of the President.

September 4, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Kay

The problem for her was that she was outside her normal safe zone where one can spew this sort of spit all day and not even be thought as odd. That's the problem – the millions of people who actually BELIEVE that FOX is broadcasting news rather than more and more extreme right wing propaganda. By tomorrow she will be spewing again about the way she was treated and CNN's "obvious liberal bias." I truly wish I were joking.

September 4, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. modmike

LOL!!!!! She doesn't even know what she's talking about!

September 4, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Joe Knight

Who is this oman
    Just because Obama hasn't started 2 wars......he's not loving our country? How many young people were injured or lost their lives under Bush wars? That's loving your country?
    Give this gal 4 donuts and send her packing
    Republicans= hate and racism

September 4, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. James

People like ms. Kremer are the reason America is a prime target for terrorism. Foolishly believing that America need to get involved militarily in every conflict in the world is not the way to make friends abroad. Obama believes in diplomacy and working with other countries through the United nations. That is why Libya was liberated without lost of american lives and with the support of the arab countries.

September 4, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. bertha59

What is so very very very scary is that there will be people who support Kremer's claim that Obama doesn't love America. This obviously very ill-informed individual is a leader? I am shocked that she gets any attention at all. She caters to the ignorant.

September 4, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. joel holtzman

I hope the Teabaggers keep trotting these idiots out to the media. Transparency is the only way they will be exposed for what they truly represent.

September 4, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Joe

Thanks to Amy Kremer for alienating an independent. Her stupid comments distract from the important issue of deficits and tax reform that I thought her party stood for. She needs to be shamed out of the spot light.

September 4, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • John

We need to remember that the Tea Party Express is bought and paid for by the billionaire oil tycoons, Koch brothers, specifically to further the agenda of...the Koch brothers.

September 5, 2012 at 12:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Joel

Yes, she is transparent. You can see in her lexical resources, reasoning, and knowledge of the world the tea party in particular and the republicans in general. She is a perfect example of the conservative mindset and has all the qualities to be the tea party chair. She is transparent.

September 5, 2012 at 2:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • jawz46

Amy go back to school and take a few classes in public speaking. Maybe you can learn a few things about public speech and the courtesies of the discipline. BTW take Rush, and most of the FOXES with you. You are nothing more than the Elephant in the Room. ,taking up space lumbering along .looking for a way out..... If that's the best the teabaggers can do in the national spotlight with this featherweight Kremmer. the Tea Party is doomed. I'll be sure and pack their bags.

September 5, 2012 at 2:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • jawz46

Now I see why the World Boxing Commission doesn't put featherweights in the same ring with the Heavyweights.. Had to laugh @ this CNN spot.

September 5, 2012 at 3:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. KC

Everyone is correct. She is a total idiot but none of you are any better. All of you are spewing diatribe whether you are on the left or the right. All of you are bound and determined to drink the cool-aid your stupid party is offering. Both sides have stupid people with stupid ideas. Why would you support a party that says "you have to pass the bill before you can know what is in it?" This is totally insane and cowardly. Also how can you support a party who wants to give advantages to the wealthy. Both parties are corrupt and seduced by power and money. We need to down size our federal gov't and bring the power back to the states. I challenge everyone come Nov. 6th when voting; leave the area where is says to pick a president "blank." We deserve better than these two clowns. It would be very interesting if neither of these guys got a vote. That would send a message to Washington, DC.

September 4, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Amar

Yes, that would be splendid but seemingly that is not possible because people–generally speaking–love putting their name on something even when they don't know very well what the heck they are endorsing. You have seen the some of those millions of drones walking around with T-shirts that say "GAP" or "brand XYZ", didn't you? My opinion is that if folks are happy to promote companies that are charging them many, many times the profit margin necessary to stay in business (all the while selling subpar products that do nothing more than promote their own brand), then heck why wouldn't they just as blithely vote for whoever has a "message" that sounds cool!

September 4, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • KC

Amar,

Then we get what we deserve. What are you afraid of ? Take a stand, get involved, don't settle for the lesser of evils. What I'm saying is certainly not easy. To change the system may seem impossible but we had a group of people willing to risk their lives (Founding Fathers) to point us in the right direction. How much courage do you have ?????

September 5, 2012 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
    • CNNbeatsFOX

Nice try KC. But in the words of Rick Santorum, "You might as well vote for Obama, because Romney is no better." That will be more effective than turning the country over to someone you don't know, when you already believe they won't make a better President than the one we already have. But I get the feeling that you'd prefer Romney to Obama. What this women stated is code for "We Hate Obama because He Is Not One of US". Her supporting arguments broke down because her conviction is based on something irrational: Fear, leading to Racism, leading to Xenophobia. You can't put these "feelings" into rational arguments easily. That's why she failed.

September 4, 2012 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • KC

CNNbeatsFOX

You may have read my comment but I don't think you really understood it. I don't support either candidate. I won't be voting for either one. I will not settle for dumb or dumber. I'm not shirking my responsibility but I'm choosing not to settle. We as a nation can do better than these two parties.

Not sure why you need to continue with the fact that Kremer is an idiot. I think most everyone agrees to that. You are giving her more credit than she deserves.

September 5, 2012 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
    • John

KC - Although I wouldn't have used the words Nancy Pelosi did, her main point was that all of the misinformation about the law was keeping the citizens (and maybe even some Congressmen) from knowing the truth. When the "fog of controversy" (as she called it) lifts, people will be able to understand it better.

it is also partly a reminder about the sausage-making aspect of the process of passing laws.

September 4, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • KC

John,

But in this case congress failed us. Stop making excuses for them. They work for us. It is their responsibility to understand 100% what they are voting for and then to make sure their constituents agree with their voting position. Yes, we may have a representative form of government but that doesn't mean we shouldn't demand a clear understanding of laws before they are voted on. Demand that from your respresentative.

Oh, by the way, these clowns in congress (both parties) who passed health care immediately exempted themselves from the plan. So, what they didn't completely read and understand but voted for is good enough for the pesents ???
        Shame on us for allowing this to happen.

September 5, 2012 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Machine

"She is a total idiot but..."

Shorter version: KC agrees Kremer is an idiot.

September 4, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • nigel6

Yes I am.

September 5, 2012 at 1:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • nigel6

I am better. I'm good with numbers, for example, which she admits she's not.

September 5, 2012 at 2:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • nigel6

Why am I being moderated when this person accuses all of us of being no better than a "total idiot"?

September 5, 2012 at 2:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • KC

nigel6

Have you read many of the comments on this blog ? Why would anyone give her the time of day other than to realize she is stupid and move on. Even rationalizing what she was trying to say or mean is idiocy. I rest my case.

September 5, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  18. nita

You harp and complain and report about Israel not being mention but what about all Americans who the Republicans kept out of their convention. That is not true Americans. That is what I call people who think they no better but do not have the Guts to say they are anti-Americans when they do not think the Black Vote does not matter.

September 4, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. nita

So much negativism from the Romney Camp but no words about them throwing peanuts at a CNN reporter and calling her a monkey. The truth is they are all prejudice to not include military families, Black single women, and Latino families to their convention. IS THIS AMERICA????? NO THIS IS PREJUDICE PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL..TO PAY ONLY 14% TAXES WITH AN INCOME OF OVER 249MILLION DOLLARS. I am a teacher and I paid 12% taxes...Is that Fairness??

September 4, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Barry

Is it fair ? no, you should pay 14% also that would be your "fair share" You pay ruffly a measly $8,000 in taxes and Romney pays 3 Million!! Oh , but "you" want him to pay for more, because he "has" more than you? I guess thats fair to the person that wants someone from some one else. Isn't that the narrative of the liberals "we want so many things for so many people and we will determined who pays for it? Conservatives ask nothing from you than to stay out of our life's and pockets! no this is not America. Thats not what we are about. Obama can take his "fundamental change down the road and try it in another country. This is crap I had it with this fair share non sense and the people that spew the hate such as you have done. What exactly do you think every get out of attacking someone that has more than the next? The man earned what he has, if you want more or need more do what you need to do get it. If it ends up your either not smart enough or have no ambition to do so than thats your choice. I will not require anything from you, but do not deman anything from me if I have more by the same means that you have could of chosen.

September 4, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Ship

Wow. Tea Party person swallowed a load of talking points but has no idea what she's talking about!

The only thing she can articulate is something which, if you follow her the line of thought of doesn't love it like 'who?", leads to suspicion of a very racially biased answer.

The RNC has been all about ugly dog whistles lately (though Haley Barbour's branding allusion takes the case).

September 4, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Machine

Giver Kremer a break. She's just repeating this week's talking points for people who don't want to understand for themselves.

September 4, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. rc

That woman is a nut, what do you expect from a party that Palin on the ticket for Vice President? Romney ran companies in the ground, fired everyone and make millions for himself and his business partners, who knows, maybe she got a cut of the action? Some people have no brain!!!

September 4, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Grady

The truest definition of "ditzy"

September 4, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Stephen Jackson

President Obama Doesn’t Love America?
    I think that, president Obama believes the Colonial countries and United States have created a social structure that benefits the rich Europeans and Americans by taking natural resources and using cheap labor of third world countries. Also, minorities are not able to succeed because of the advantages that white people have created for themselves in law and social structure. He believes that he has only succeeded because of deception and out maneuvering rich white people.
    President Obama believes the founding fathers created a government and society that benefits white people and takes advantage of minorities. He does not believe that, the rights of freedom and the pursuit of happiness come from the creator. He believes they come from government, which can limit freedom as determined by the men and women holding the reigns of power.
    President Obama has a worldview that the earth’s resources and wealth should be distributed equally. When he talks about fairness of taking more from the one percent to give to the rest, he thinks that all of the people in the United States are in the one percent and should share their wealth with the other people in the world.
    Does President Obama love America? I don’t know. But, he wants to fundamentally change the United States to share its wealth with the rest of the world. He wants to change the American dream from opportunity, work, and success of the individual to equality of results.

September 4, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • John

I believe that Stephen Jackson makes stuff up.

September 4, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Left-No Right-No Awake-Yes

We have an African American president, and yet I still hear about how unfair it is out there.

September 5, 2012 at 12:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • John

No, Mr. Obama wants to go back to the fundamental principal that originally guided the progressive tax code in this country. Since the beginning, the rich were supposed to pay at a higher rate than the middle-class and poor. For most of the history of the tax code, the rich paid in 70-90% bracket. Then Reagan came along and lowered that bracket for the rich, increasing the national debt to the highest level it had ever been up to that time. Clinton restored part of the upper bracket to a higher tax rate (although still nowhere near the 70% it had mostly been), and the country prospered. Bush II lowered it again, and the economy went belly up. What Mr. Obama wants to do is restore the Clinton-era tax brackets, where the rich pay something like their fair share.

September 5, 2012 at 12:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. This is why...

This is a shining example of why our country is where it is. The notion that if anyone disagrees with the views you espouse then they don't love America or are not patriotic.

It's always interesting to hear people decry about our forefathers, and exclaim THEY don't love our country like WE do.They who? We who? (dog whistle)

Did those that were subject to slavery in this country love this country any less? Were they not patriots? (they fought , bled, & died) I'm sure they disagreed with being slaves.

How about the women that haven't been paid equal pay for equal work... are they not patriots or do they not love their country because they disagree with the status quo?

What about the Latino community? The Asian community? The Jewish community?

We are a nation made of many different cultures. We won't always agree but our common bond is our LOVE of life liberty & the pursuit of happiness.

The old guard is getting just that... OLD!!!

September 4, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Morgan Hill

What is this ignorant, dumb Amy Kremer doing on t.v.? She sounds like she just doesn't know what she wants to say. She cannot express herself intelligently like one should when he/she is representing a group of folks. This lady needs to go back home and sign up for classes to help her express herself effectively. Is this all that the republicans have? We will just add another one to the likes of dumb romney, bush and all the other republicans that can't seem to bring any value to society.

September 4, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Informed Reader

The recent revelations by ROLLING STONE concerning the true history of Romney and Bain, and the more recent disclosure of financial information on Romney's hidden wealth by GAWKER will hit the fan in due time to discredit the history of Romney as a successful businessman.

What we know is that Romney thinks so highly of American business that most of his wealth is invested elsewhere. If his work has created any jobs for Americans, it is despite his work and not because of it.

September 4, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Mike

Who made the far right the protectors of American ideals? They are an extremely intolerant group who many in Republican party have abandoned. These Tea Party jerkoffs are some of the most uninformed people in the country yet they think they are the voice of America. Really pathetic that these delusional morons have not only a voice but followers in this country. I was at a tea party debate in 2010 and heard Clint Didier speak during his campaign for Senate and I remember thinking to myself, how could anyone who makes up his own version of US history have a legitimate shot at being a US Senator. Then I remembered I was from Washington and in many states idiots like Didier actually win.

September 4, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. REALLY

This is a very sad thing right here. To be sitting on a panel and being outed on television. The person quote you are using is sitting right there listening to you make your case and then he tells you the way you are using the quote is the opposite of what it was really saying. This is clearly a person that has heard something so many times that it has to be true. At least until she said it out loud to intelligent people. By all means make your stand but be sure you are accurate when you talk to others that know their accuracy. I'm with with Soledad....what does she mean, when she says "he doesn't "Love this Country like we do"? Who is the we she is talking about? How do you prove your love for the country? What has she or her "we" done to prove their love for the country? I have questions...where can I find her so I can ask her my questions?

September 4, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. longtail

I'm afraid that Republican actions over the last ten years at best show a deep misunderstanding of economics and at worst a lack of love of country.

September 4, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Fred Evil

Oh no, I am pretty sure they love their country, but that country doesn't exist, and NEVER HAS. They all seem to have the idealized memory of how it was when they were a kid. Lots of white people, all speaking English and loving Jesus. None of this ridiculous 'diversity' crap, no 'freedom' or 'equality' for those weird fringe freaks, you know, Jews and Blacks.
      They hide their misty-eyed racist dreams well, but poke at that memory just a little bit.....!

September 5, 2012 at 3:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  30. rolick

Wee Lamb

I feel a little bad for her.. I would like more dialogues like this where people get called out for making statements, not to be judged right or wrong, just defend what they are saying. If they just talk to their own peers they can be under a false set of assumptions that everyone agrees with them or that they are the majority. Like a lot of radio talk show hosts, they are just used to preaching to the choir. As soon as they get out of the womb of the bobbing heads agreeing with them, they are lost. Im sure every time she said, shining city on the hill or he's never run anything there are just peels of applause in her usual circles, which probably makes her feel justified.

But shame on her for not doing her homework, I don't care what her opinion is, she has right to it. But to go out on the national stage with no more than an opinion and some buzz words embarrasses all Americans because it makes us look bad. And to make ridiculous statements like he does not America as much as we do, is just BS. Add to the conversation, defend your position or give the spotlight to someone who can. I would like to hear one person defend any of those positions.

September 4, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Left-No Right-No Awake-Yes

Most anyone can read from notes to 'make their point'. It also helps if you have an actual point you're trying to make.

September 5, 2012 at 12:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  31. ted

pretty pathetic that she made a statement and couldn't back it up with anything other than 'I mean' ' like' 'look I mean'. who is this wackjob? the anchors basically had to make her statement for her. and what is this shining city on a hill crap? this woman and the teabag party has zero credibility.

September 4, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. FedUp2

How can you love your country but refuse to pay taxes or support your government? How can you claim to know anything about the constitution, when you don't bother actually reading it? Typical TP rhetoric that equates to simplistic, dim-witted anarchism. They hate the thought of big government, yet blame the POTUS for not fixing the economy for them. They don't want government messing with their personal lives, yet expect it to outlaw abortion and take over healthcare. They don't want to support a welfare plan, but expect to be bailed out of their own financial woes. Pathetic, selfish, red-neck imbeciles.

September 4, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Stumbler56

Spare me the 'more patriotic than thou' nonsense of anyone whose primary political agenda is to pay as little as possible – perhaps nothing – in taxes to support the country

September 4, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Raquela2020

And did you see the look on her face at the top of the hour afterwards? Sitting at the end of the table? She KNEW she didn't make her points well and you could tell she was going to blame the "biased media"!

September 4, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Nick San Diego

And her love of America is slogans,carrying the bible and hanging out the Flag. All p;honey symbolism and their heros are all draft dodgers and chicken hawks. Chaney,Wolfowitz,Gingrich , yea you get the message.

September 4, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Matt

The myth some people are still living within is that we can all make it through the pain. We cannot. When a ship is sinking and you dont have enough lifeboats – You face an interestingly awful scenario – Overload the lifeboats and no one survives – Send the boats out at capacity knowing some left behind wont make it if they cant swim themselves.

Its over Johnny.

September 4, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Martin

It's like...I mean...You know...He's just not... What an idiot!

September 4, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. ODNY

CNN, what is objectionable about my post that you have to moderate it? Are you people on acid?

September 4, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. ODNY

September 4, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. ODNY

Anyone who calls himself an American, and that very definitely includes the President, loves America. They just don't love the jingoistic rhetoric of the GOP/TEA Party. It is not what you say, but what you do that shows you love your country. Waving a flag at every opportunity and shouting "USA USA" like a brain-dead zombie do not count!

September 4, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. NYOMD

It is not what you say, but what you do that shows you love your country. Waving a flag at every opportunity and shouting "USA USA" like an imbecile do not count!

September 4, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. ScrewwTheRight

Tea party traitors. They need to be put in little cages, forever.

September 4, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Bill356

The American Taliban (Tea Party) doing it's thing. Maybe they could move to Pakistan there philosophy fits in better there.

September 4, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. mcelvoy

Teavangelism (n., slang) – 1. A parasite that grows by feeding on small minds and hearts. 2. “I will defend to the death your right to support my opinion.” 3. Tea…the new Kool-Aid. 4. Patriotism writ wrong.

September 4, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. simply me

It was obvious this teaparty rep didn't know what she was saying. Most of her facts were incorrect and she couldn't back up what she was saying. She really looked foolish.

September 4, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Challdmi

....Honestly I dont even know exactly what just happened. Who is this lady? Why is she on CNN? Seriously when President Obama is re-elected I hope the "Tea party" (AKA Elmer Fudd Clan) just disappears. Just wow, she has no idea what she is talking about "President Obama doesn't love our country? Really? You say that in Russia and you'll be in the Gulag Prison.....Gosh. Im 26 and smarter then this "representative of the Elmer Fudd clan" even when im drunk.

September 4, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Dan

There is a big difference between using a dog whistle and a dog bullhorn in using racial code. The real deal is a Black Man is not suppose to be in The White House! She's just another RNC peanut thrower. If God came down in PrimeTime and said The President is Jesus they the Tea Baggers would become atheist

September 4, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  48. moster

Get someone up there that knows what they are talking about. She made a complete A _ _ of herself!!!

September 4, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Gabrielle Jeans

this lady is crazy...she has no clue what she is talking about.....OBAMA bashing that is all I hear and read....no substance only BASHING takes no brains to bash

September 4, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  50. Cali Tourist

This interview reminds me of that recent interview with the lady from Westboro Church...i wonder if she's also a member...
    Same sort of rhetoric...

September 4, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  51. DJR

Wow where do these people live on this comment page? Oh the beltway! An area that has been reported to be sucking in leeches like dogs to a bone in the past 4 years, young people who believe the government should make them rich and let them drive about in beemers naked and be nothing short of sick spoiled bratty snobs who say they are liberals who love people. Mimics of Shean, and Kardashians, that their savior is Obama. Well yea, your stealing embezzling, and laughing at the country. But yea you love it, for your pitiful self serving life. Vote out all incumbents. YOUR FIRED!

September 4, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Jim Klien

I'll agree, she fails to articulate her argument, but she is right, Obama does not love "America" as defined in the constitution and bill of rights. Just look at Obamacare. Forcing people to "buy" something, then fining them if they dont? What is that all about? I can dog on W just the same with the patriot act. That bill is full of crap too.

What we as americans have to do is to stop being so "for the party" and be for our great country.

Here's the deal – American has "business" issues, and since we can only choose between two people, the guy that has the best chance of solving those are Mitt, because he is a business man. Obama is not a business man. Believe me, I wish we had more choices but this is it.

Look, when you go to the dentist, do you ask them to bring in a taxi driver to fix your teeth? Of course not. You want the one who went to school and studied and practiced a long time.

Obama had his 4 years and things are worse off now than in 2008 when he took office. It's nothing personal – he's just not the guy, and that's ok. He gave it a go, he has nothing to be ashamed of. Let's face it, being president is not easy.

When I listen to Obama, he lays things out based on division. That's sad because that's the only way he feels he can win in 2012. In 2008, it was about hope for a better country, and we all bought into it. Heck, we all wanted to believe that this guy had a plan to fix the problems and reduce the debt. Even those who did not vote for him had a small place in their heart for success. The problem was, "success" has been redefined by Obama.

If you never balance your finances, you are going to get burned. This administration has never had a balanced budget. They just keep printing money. It's almost like this administration is betting on ignorant Americans who have no concept of basic economics, and I hate to say it, but it seems the bet was right.

Obama has had the entire congress in majority for 50% of his term. He got to pass everything he wanted and then some. Then, don't you remember, he told our elected officials to just sign it, then read it?

Again, when you buy a house, do you just sign the papers having no clue what they say? Have we really become this lazy as a people? I hope your answer is "no". You want to read and understand each page.

W did the same kind of crap as Obama. In fact, many of the moves Obama is playing are from the W book, just with a different spin.

September 4, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • nigel6

'Obama does not love "America" as defined in the constitution'

What a strange statement. Obama is a scholar of constitutional law, and he did bother to become president. The Supreme Court upheld the insurance mandate (a purely GOP idea–from the Heritage Foundation, Gingrich, and Romney), as essentially a tax.

The United States does not have a "business" problem. Businesses are making record profits. Bush and Obama rescued the American auto industry, which Romney wanted to let fail (odd, given that his father was chairman). What the US does have is an unemployment problem, and Romney has a 100% track record as a businessman of firing people and exploiting failing companies for personal game. Not a viable choice, I'm afraid.

Obama framed his entire campaign on overcoming division, and has bent over backwards to accommodate the GOP. He is in fact a true christian, willing to turn the other cheek when slapped. But the GOP just slapped that too.

As for leadership, he ordered the capture or killing of Osama bin laden, passed a health care bill quite similar somewhat right of one originally proposed by Richard Nixon (but blocked by democrats), demanded accountability for the gulf oil spill but opened more acreage to drilling

September 5, 2012 at 2:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  53. Tim

She explained it pretty well. Not sure why Soledad doesn't get it. She is playing dumb.

September 4, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  54. JustAO

Do we need anymore proof that those who yell the loudest ignorant statements at rallies don't need to be in control of our U.S. government writing laws?

Vote out ALL extremist in our government, especially GOP/Tea Party congress members.

September 4, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tim

So no democrats allowed I guess.

September 4, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. Jack sinclair

Well, he attended the Revereand Wrights church for twenty years and called him his mentor. Wright is an avoid racist who has publicly avocated the overthrow of the governement. So yeah, maybe he has an issue with this country.

September 4, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  56. Sito Moise

It is Sad to see something like that on CNN, I would expect to see that on Fox News. I am wondering if CNN is becoming Fox, where they allow anybody to say anything on their programs.

September 4, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  57. So Tired

As they try to say it's all about the fiscal plan for the United States, she slipped up. She's not very good with numbers? She was great at following the whisper campaign that the current President isn't a "real" American. What she is saying is "he doesn't love this country like real Americans." This will play well in SW VA where I grew up and they see the President as different. Soledad is right....that was "oh what's the word" a dog whistle. Lord, I hate this type of dishonest politics.

September 4, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  58. JustAO

Most Americans don't love the America Tea Party/GOP love since their love of America is based on white only facilities, religious Sharia law aimed at women's reproductive rights, no worker rights, and wars with countries we don't need to be at war with. That's the America they love and remember during the 1950s that is.

September 4, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  59. Elizabeth Mollica

How come the Tea Party and the GOP can plant bumper sticker slogans in idiots mouths about how the POTUS should have been more of a leader in the discussions related to Syria, ( out of one side of the mouth), and chastise him for not getting Congressional buy-in when he helped the rebels in Lybia, ( out of the other side of their mouths)? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!
    It looked to me like Ms Kremer lost her "play book" and forgot to write the cheats on her hand like Sarah Palin did!

September 4, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  60. Terri

She just proved what she is really about. The money is not the problem. It's that he is seen as something "other than". Bold steps that she wants taken, such as in Syria, what would be the cost in Amercan life and financially. She's a poser. Posing as a someone who is for fiscal responsiblity but the under current is far worse. The mask is gone, and the ugly truth is exposed. If the Tea Party is truly concerned with fiscal responsibility, not this bs, she should be removed as spokesperson.

September 4, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  61. Steve Johnson

...What exactly is Obama's plan to help the economy rebound? All of you who appear to support Obama, enlighten us with the mighty Obama (who will stop the rising of the Oceans and heal the planet) plan to help us all, not just his friends and contributors, but ALL Americans... PLEASE, be specific

September 4, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  62. WALT NOAH

Amy Kramer loves capitalist America. She has a very narrow definition of the America she loves. It does not include the middle class and the working class people. She has no regard for true democracy.

September 4, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  63. gar

A tongue tied brian dead idiot. This woman is pathetic.

September 4, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  64. Catherine

Why is it that if you don't agree with the far-right, you get branded with the Don't Love America tab? I believe all the candidates care about the country and they just have different ideas on how it should be run. I'm not sure if she is racist or just so far right that anyone who is just a bit left of center doesn't become a socialist in her world view.

September 4, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  65. John

It amazes me that so many people earn very considerable money for a contribution that consist of complaining and criticizing the people who are doing anything. Followers of O;Reilly, Limbaugh, Hannity and the wanna be like them need to think about how badly they are being duped. Let facts determine your opinion not the other way around. If you have a disagreement with what an office holder does, vote for somebody else. You do not have to hate because you prefer someone else.

September 4, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  66. FactsRBad

So much wrong with that clip that it is difficult to know where to begin. But here are a few points so consider:

1. Success in business (Bain) is very different that success in a highly charged political environment. As the CEO of an organization, you can dictate in no uncertain terms what needs to be done and who needs to get it done. Not so in politics – all you need is an obstructionist position and nothing can get done. I think we've seen that over many of the past administrations.

2. This woman has taken a page from the despicable Coulter playbook – if you disagree with our stated position you are a "Traitor", un-American, or just plain hate America.

3. The level of intellect (or lack thereof) in her arguments is indicative of the shallowness of thought given to very real issues facing this country. It is far easier to throw around provocative language than to study the issues, root causes, geo-political realities and the myriad other factors that impact policy and decision making.

4. This woman clearly longs for the days when this country was segregated and real class warfare existed.

5. The best disinfectant is sunlight – let these folks express their opinions as often as they'd like so that the enormous holes in their logic is evident for all to see and their true colors are exposed.

There is something very McCarthy-esque about the use of language challenging someone's patriotism – but that is exactly what she did – beyond pathetic it is downright dangerous.

September 4, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  67. Miguel

Their hate for Obama is so blinding that they cannot frame their arguments anymore. So now using diplomacy is also wrong, this from the people who claim to be fiscally responsible. What are we supposed to do? Start a military conflict every time we disagree with another country? Who is going to pay for that?

September 4, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  68. Sanitywins

Keep hate alive. The Right has so many check point phrases on why our President is evil. This dim bulb now says he’s un-American. But has no real reason to back it up. All I can say is, I hope she’s a billionaire because Romney/Ryan cares nothing about the middle class. The dollars will all go to the wealthy and the working class will go right in to the trash. Exactly what George W. did to us. They are just too stupid to realize they are voting for the past.

September 4, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  69. bob

I hope you get many, many more than 14 comments on this one! Kremer's pitiful performance should be spread across every media channel in the country. She's not just bad with numbers....She's bad with thinking, substance, facts, etc. etc. Just in case Mitt wins, I desperately hope that there are intelligent Tea Party folks who were just as horrified at this woman's embarrassing display of ignorance. My much more fervent hope is that independents caught this act and recognized the limitations and flaws in the ultra-conservative Republican agenda. Ms.Kremer and Clint should get together...the perfect no-brainer duo!

September 4, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  70. King

I almost felt sorry for her.....but then the laughter took over and hilarity ensued. Honestly, you would think they would pick a better representative for their party to try and debate their beliefs.

September 4, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Joey

King, they don't have one. Think about it, eloquence and irrationality are incompatible. Have you ever heard an extremist on either side, left or right, be eloquent? When people say that some of the world's most infamous extremists had "charisma", they incorrectly associate that with eloquence. To be charismatic, all you have to do is appeal to a large number of people – regardless of their level of intelligence, especially the emotional kind. To be eloquent, words and the logic they represent have to flow. Words by themselves can flow easily, actors and liars make a good living that way. But logic... that one's a little trickier. Now you're getting into the realm of the truth, which, to be fair, can be elusive even to well meaning folks. I have never heard a politician, not even Mr. Obama himself, not bend the truth to a certain extent.

September 4, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jes

Yes, you would think they could pick a better representative. Their real problem of course is that they don't have one.

September 4, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  71. jobdespair

Funny. These people have no handle on history. It's another great enterprise trying to justify a selfish streak a mile wide.

September 4, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  72. Wastrel

I never heard of Amy Kremer before. She comes across as incredibly inarticulate and ignorant.

September 4, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  73. William Marlowe

One more thing.

Who is 'We'?

Who defines who is 'We'? You Amy? Who defines who is a 'Good' American? You Amy? No, it US who decides the direction of America with One Person, One Vote in which you are a single member and not the leader.

Are you saying you are more American than Presiden Obama? Are you saying you are more American than me.

I am here to tell you that you are NOT more American.

'We' means ALL AMERICANS, of all races, ethnic groups, religious beliefs and political beliefs.

'We' means ALL of US, not just you and your group of Red Necks.

September 4, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  74. demogoat

WOW how does she run anything. Atkin makes this woman look like a 2nd grader. Atkin would do well in the 3rd grade.

September 4, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  75. something2say

My fellow "sane" Americans this is a clear example of why it is so important we go out and vote for the president and democrats like I life dependent upon it, because it does. I sat here this morning watching this segment – froze! The republican oligarchs and GOP establishment uses ignorant people like Ms. Kremer to parrot their lies and hate. To them, Ms. Kramer is nothing more than white trash they use to manipulate the racists in this country aka “she’s a dog whistler.” The "we" she referred to are ill informed, uneducated, racist white people. How dare her... “He doesn’t love the country like Romney does; a man who is a pathological liar and evades paying his taxes by off shoring his money… that’s patriotic to Ms. Kramer!

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again, this country will only reach its true potential after people of Ms. Kremer's ilk die off. I'm just hoping that she get more media interviews. I just love Mayor Nutter; he was egging this ignoramus on!

September 4, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  76. William Marlowe

This represents the worst of America. The reason we were considered the 'Shining City On the Hill" in the past is because we were good Global Citizens and considered everyone equal around the world and that EVERYONE deserved Freedom, Liberty, and Justice, not because we thought Americans are better than everyone else like this ignorant RedNeck does.

This is the truest representation of a Republican, a person that thinks the United States is better than the rest of the world instead of thinking of US all as Global Citizens of this one planet.

We are NOT the World Police.

We do NOT always have the best ideas.

We are part of a Global Community and should not put ourselves above the rest of the world.

September 4, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  77. herrer

We all have our own political opinions about how government can be run but don't you dare say that a president does not love this country the same way you do. Criticize his economic plan or the way he governs but don't go on exagerating stupid things like this this is why I don't like the tea party. Tea Party get more realistic on your views and criticism and knock off your conpiracy theory.

September 4, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  78. Jerry

We all know which way Soledad leans. And, we all know that she will do anything to make her Obamboozzeler look good at the expense of making other good, dedicated people look bad.

I am not exactly sure where Soledad got her journalistic degree, however, she definitely DOES NOT know what journalistic objectivity stands for.

It's so obvious whom she supports that there id absolutely NO ROOM for doubts.

Way back when I took some journalistic types of courses and the instructor always taught us that journalistic objectivity was one of the best traits of a good/honest reporter. I am guessing Soledad must have been taught by some of the anchor people and reporters at CNN, CNBC, ABC, CBS, etc., etc., etc.

Oh well... what else can we expect from CNN (Castro News Network), and, especially from Soledad?

September 4, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  79. Gloria

I agree with those who feel this woman is inarticulate, ignorant, and racist. It appears the new code word for racism, or the new litmus test, is how much you loooove your counry, Implied in this statement is that of course no black man could love America as well and as much as a white man. This woman can barely speak English. How did she get an interview on this show to begin with? Poorly defined points of argument, unable to recall the basic words she wanted to argue with, unable to produce facts or figures or debate intelligently when others did. If this is the Tea Party, we should not be that concerned with them. They are illogical and ignorant

September 4, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  80. mike electrician

HAHAHA,to answer this nuts assertion that the president doesn't love the country the way "we" do. I have two words.."THANK GOD!!".

September 4, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  81. Airbornevet

When has he not lead? She was just proved wrong point blank by the reporter next to her and was not smart enough to realize that.
    Obama just ran a country for almost 4 years. Romney ran a business with questionable ethics that he wouldn't have gotten if it wasn't for his family connections i.e. good prep-school which lead to his college career and the connections he was able to form in the business world. Romney was Gov. of Mass which is always at the top of the best states lists in a bunch of the good categories.
    Obama ran a country in the grips of a great recession and two wars.....This guy invested in Staples...?

September 4, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  82. Vader

She probably truly believes the President doesn't "love America the way we do", but you know what? Neither do I. The America I love gains its strength through compassion and not winnowing out the weak, leads based on agreement rather than dictate, and has a sense that perhaps our view is not the only one out there.

Oh, and Jesus has nothing to do with it.

September 4, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  83. Bebe

Only someone who hates America would have the nerve to say such hateful thing about the president. The real problem is that this woman does not love her country enough to accept the duly elected president of the United States as being HER president as well. The lack of respect is disgusting. Why invite such a sick woman to this? You should ignore someone of such dubious patriotism. One of hte most disurbing things I hear these days is "Let's take our country back." It reeks of divisiveness, if not downright hypocrisy and bigotry. We have a president who was legally and legitimately elected-by a wide majority. To be unhappy wth the choice is no excuse to claim he is not "legitimately" the president. Get real. He is, and heaven help us, he will conntinue to be. What is most disturbing is to hear Romney shout this phrase at every speech. But then he is an empty suit witth an empty head.
    Does he (or many of the others) understand the implications of what they're shouting? We don't need suhc a stuppid, empty suit to be president of our country. He is another know-nothing.

September 4, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  84. Ace

Are you telling me that this is the best that the Tea Party could bring to the table.
    To tell you the truth it was awful and painful to watch this, she was definitely way out of her league.
    It was like watching a minor league pitcher get rocked on their first day in the majors.
    You got to come to the table with something better than that, she could't even win a high school debate.

September 4, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  85. Dee

So she is upset that Obama want the world to be at peace? Or being that he care about others, it mean he does not care about us?

I think Soledad wanted to bust out laughing (I know Soledad was thinking, am I really talking to this silly woman) 1:14 check her face too funny

September 4, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  86. Dee

OMG ...too much

September 4, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  87. celticbishop

Apparently this ignoramus was formerly a contestant in the" Miss Teenage America" contest! She is abundant proof of the stupidity of the Tea Party. The reason she had such difficulty in forming sentences and stating her position assuming that she could is simple. In her little mind the the "we" she is referring to is the white male population and the women who love them of over fed and under read evangelical rednecks who do the bidding of their Republican masters. These poor uneducated people are laughed at as fools by the Republican leadership they so sadly support! She is saying also that people of colour like the President are not "real Americans"!

September 4, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ski2xs

Wow. . .great rebuttal there. So. . YOUR answer to things you don't like to hear is to kill the messenger huh. Yup, perfect example of a brainwashed Obamite.

Serious. . .ever single post here attempting to disagree with her doesn't offer an opposing point of view. . .all they do berate, belittle, name call, and in general are petty. Good job liberals. . .ya'll can play high school all over again and be a bully! Aren't you PROUD! :)

September 4, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • steve moore

celticbishop, you can't be more correct,she needs to be exposed more on a national scale if cnn is not national enough,
      but the level of stupidity is unreal. education, education,education free schools my god.................

September 4, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  88. dockaren44

The panelists with Ms.Kremer looked so uncomfortable listening to her ridiculous tea party drivel. It was embarrassing. "What's the word I'm looking for (uncomfortable long pause exposing her lack of substance)?. She couldn't even parrot articulately. Then she was like a petulant child trying to defend her statement just because she said it, no logic. I hope she gets a lot of media attention so we are all reminded what's out there.

September 4, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  89. JENH

Obama hasn't run anything? Like you mean, the United States of America?

September 4, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Steve Johnson

Exactly, he hasn't even run the United States of America. He's spent the last year and 2 months campaigning for re-election. Obama is in way over his head, we now understand why he can't do anything to fix this economy, he just doesn't understand how it works, and he's just too ignorant about the subject to make educated decisions that affect ALL Americans.

September 4, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  90. Marling

Amy Kremer represents the "Dummying down" of America.

September 4, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  91. Kevin

That video needed to be longer... loved seeing that woman told how wrong she was and try to cling to her belief with nothing to support it. Also, I think the word she was stumbling for in the beginning was "community."

September 4, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  92. Vfrom NY

She sounds very racist to me. I personally think those that want to get rid of Our great government are the UN PATRIOTS.
    How can you love America and at same time want to get rid of the government . Democracy is comprimise the Tea party tries to block any comprimises they want things their way only. TAll they do is wave flags, The veteran s come home to poor medical care and no jobs. How dare we as the American people ask the top 1% to help pay for the debt they created with their tax breaks ?
    How dare Obama give health care to every single American ????

September 4, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tim

1% got the tax breaks the govt gave them. Nobody wants to get rid of the govt just make it work not make it larger. Govt restricts freedoms.

September 4, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Fred Evil

No, government does not restrict freedoms, PEOPLE restrict freedoms, they just use the government as the tool to do so. And most often, if other PEOPLE hadn't chosen to screw someone else over, or steal their car, or raid folks' 401K, or run a ponzy scheme, PEOPLE wouldn't use the government to restrict freedoms.
        Freedoms are only restricted when a few rotten apples make it necessary to do so. Tell PEOPLE to stop screwing others, and the government will have a LOT less to do!

September 5, 2012 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  93. rhytonen

That's "Feisty?"
    It's what most people (myself included) would call
    "Inarticulate."

It's what one would expect of someone whose actual feelings (which she couldn't acceptably express)
    have been exploited by an agenda that's put talking points in her mouth to help her HIDE her (racism)
    and instead actually further that agenda – which not coincidentally least of all serves HER best interests.

September 4, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  94. jmax

I don't believe Mitt Romney loves his wife. He didn't marry any sister wives to help raise their five sons, especially while struggling with MS and cancer.

September 4, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jerry

How stupid does a person have to be before CNN will NOT post his/her moronic comments. I can almost assure everyone that if this type of comment was made against Mr. Obamalooney, it would never ever get past the Obama paid CNN screeners.

September 4, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • judeamorris

I hope you were trying to be funny and just missed the mark. The Mormon church - Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints - does not support polygamous marriage. Sister wives is a concept of conservative offshoots of the Mormon faith which Mormons consider wrong. It's like comparing snake handling Christians to your local Presbyterian congregation. Ridiculous!

September 4, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  95. jjsteich

I think that Kremer and people like her are disrespectful, disingenuous, deceitful, and despicable. Obama and the rest of us probably don't love America like Kremer does. We want to cherish it, not screw it from behind.

September 4, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  96. LadyBigMac

How the hell does she know? Personally, I don't think the "Teadiots" care about America at all. They certainly don't care about ALL Americans or they wouldn't be trying to force their own narrow minded views and ideas on the rest of us. I see more love in PBO's heart than in all the Republicans/GOP put together. She should go home, read her Bible again and learn what LOVE THY NEIGHBOR really means.

September 4, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  97. Dennis

She started out okay. But, when other members of the panel started to challenge her position, her true views began to show. She is a hateful person who believes that only she and her ilk are the only people who loves America. Very sad.

September 4, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Josh

There are 4 well educated people in this interview and one idiotic bigot that can't put a sentence together and explain her racist views properly. I pray the Republican party ditches this ridiculous tea party that is all talk about "fiscal reform" without legitimate ways to pay for it and instead gets back to middle of the road, working together conservatism – but I guess they have to lose this election before they do just that.

September 4, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  98. Brian

Just call her what she is... a Racist. What's she asking for is for the United States to be an isolationist nation again and be the bully around the world, telling everyone else what to do with the barrel of a gun pointing at them. The problem with the Isolationist ideal is that it requires disowning the CONSERVATIVE ideology of "globalization" particularly in regards to markets. To do what she's asking would mean going back to pre-GATT, pre-NAFTA days and instituting high tariffs again to protect American Jobs from outsourcing. But that flies in the face of the Conservative ideology that made a person like Mitten's Rmoney so wealthy in the first place.

Apart from that, Soledad just couldn't bring herself to use the word "RACIST!" in regard to this woman's ignorant commentary and that is sad. Our media are meant to be the objective watchmen on our political world and if they don't do their jobs, then this nation is truly lost to traitors and racists from the Tea Bagger movement, like that woman is in the interview.

September 4, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • peeps

I guess taking out Osama Bin Laden was us asking everyone else what we should do? I think not....these people are so ill-informed and talk the party line. They just keep recycling the same crap over and over...plagarizing their own words to keep the FEAR in people who don't know well enough to do some research and check things out before embarassing oneself!

September 4, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  99. patriotic american 23

She is just one example of how they just talk and never listen. What a boob!

September 4, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  100. Paul

Ignorant cow. Read the Rolling Stone article on Rmoney's corporate magic. Turns out he's a sack of suck that needed massive loan write-offs and government assistance to fly. Lying hypocrite.

September 4, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse | Reply