Coming up Wednesday

Wildfires burn through Colorado causing thousands to evacuate, and protests in Turkey are in 13th day. Tune in at 7am ET.
October 17th, 2012

Starting Point live blog for Wednesday, Oct. 17th, 2012

NOTE: Click here if you're having trouble seeing the Starting Point live blog updates.

We've opened a live blog for "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien" this morning. Soledad has a full recap of the presidential town hall debate at Hofstra University with the "Starting Point" team. Soledad and our Starting Point producers will be moderating.

We encourage you to share your comments, ask questions, and maybe even record a webcam response to post to the feed.

A few ground rules:

* All comments and video submissions will be moderated, so please refrain from using any inappropriate language or gestures. We want to keep this a lively, interesting conversation.
* Any webcam submissions are limited to one minute long. Try to keep your responses short.
* By posting in this live blog, you agree any comments & content with your name and profile picture may be used by CNN, its affiliates and licensees in all media.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. claire

I think the whole country has Romnesia. I know it was a long time ago. But 4 years ago, the President came into office with 2 wars, banks and leaning institions failing, millions of people losing jobs and their homes; just to mention a few issues. Do the American people really think that all that mess can be undone in four years? Four years of fighting in Congressl. For years Republicians fighting to make this President a one term President. Really, everyone should just stop and THINK!. If you are in personal debt, it doesn't go away over night (unless you win the lottery) It takes years and planning. I would like to know which American can really say that this President didn't do his absolute best. Take party affiliation out and really think about the man and his wife. He was off one night, and people ran. That says more about the ones who ran. What kind of America do we live in. What kind of America do we really want to leave our children. There has been talk about what the "greatest" generation fought for. I know that my father fought for: a United States, He fought for families and his neighbors and a country where neighbors helped neighbors. He didn't fight for a country that identrifies themselves as Republicans or Democrats, He didn't fight for a country that looks down at others. He didn't fight for all this negativity In my house, if you had nothing nice to say, you didn't say anything. My dad and others of that generation, are turning in their graves. Their hard work and sacrifice, and those of all service men women and families are being wasted. We should think about what kind of future we really want to leave our children and grandchildren and not as a talking point. What kind of life. It is not just about balancing a budget. It is about a balance in life. A life without "Big Bird " is not unthinkable, howecver a live that wants to take away the quality of our existance is. We can life without the EPA, but I'm old enough to remember the ads that featured an American Indian crying when he looked at what we had done with our enviroment. If we don't leave the environment, where will our children and children's child be.. literally. There should be no Blue or Red, there should be thoughtful consideration of all people. Those with and those without, and those with should and have the responsiblity of helping those without. Big Government is not the answer, Webster dictionary defines Government as the act or process of governing; specifically: authoritative direction or control. This election is about direction. Are we the United States? Are we Amercians, or are we only individuals, individual that think of ourselves only and how much money we can accumulate. I was raised Catholic, for 13 years, I attended Catholic School.. All those nuns, all those priest, all those religious teachers. and what they all have instilled in me is that I have every right to hit you in the nose.....BUT that right stops where your nose begins. Each and every American has a right to his or her opinions. One has the right to force their opinion on others. What made this country great is that we all worked together, we all lived together. We are the Melting Pot, not a Stew Pot. The founding fathers did not call our country "The STATES" they called it the UNITED Stated, Our Constition states with WE the people, not ME the people. It is time we all remember " United we stand, devided we fall"

October 23, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. BenGladden

In a debate over Libya with Rudy Guliani, Soledad claimed to be a journalist. Soledad is not a journalist! A journalist is interested in getting to the truth! It is clear that Soledad was only interested in making excuses for the Obama administration. Soledad is not a journalist, she is a hack. She is a shill for the Obama administration, just like Candy Crowley and the rest of the people at CNN. No wonder CNN's ratings are in the tank. No one likes to be played a fool and that's what anyone still watching this network is - a fool.

October 22, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Don Edinger

Soledad once again, in her interview with Rudy Giuliani, displays her slobbering bias towards President Obama. Whenever a Republican disagrees with her, she turns into a bully. This is not only surprising, since she seems so sweet most of the time, but is jarring. This disqualifies her as any kind of journalist.

October 22, 2012 at 8:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Scar1

One thing for sure if Romney wins I am getting passport and getting the hell out with my family. It will be more war with the wrong people for sure. And it will mean the end.

October 22, 2012 at 8:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Scar1

Jules!!!! Let Soledad ask the questions you jerk!! The point is Bush had 16 yrs. to find answers and could not explain and left a mess for Obama and you expect Obama to clear the air in the Middle East in 4 yrs. Common sense please. No one really knows what the Bush years did actually for the Middle East other than leave us in debt and war. So stop trying to run for office the President has a tough damn job regardless when it comes to past policies and mistakes including going to wrong place for War.

October 22, 2012 at 8:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Dale

I am 54 years and retired. I worked for the federal government in USA for over 25 plus years. I have my retirement invested with Fidelity and have worked with them for many years. I have bought a retirement home in Mexico and now live here a majority of the time. I no longer own property in USA but maintain my residency in Houston Texas where i lived for a number of years. Since my family lives in St Louis area i moved my Fidelity accounts to an office in St Louis where i visit often. I called last weekend to set up my regular meeting time with my representative in Fidelity and was refused service. Fidelity now will no longer provide guidance services to individuals who spend a majority of their time outside the USA. WOW .... can you imagine how this might effect the retirement community that live outside of the USA? Can you help us retiree understand this? thanks

October 19, 2012 at 9:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Annie

Where did Candy learn to moderate a debate? Where I come from the moderator does not interject comments about facts, particularly ones that haven't been checked. There would have been more time for questions from the audience if she hadn't taken center stage with her own questions. She would benefit from lessons from Mr. Lehrer, who showed far more class as moderater in the first debate. BTW I am an registered independent and clearly see there is a Democratic bias at CNN – what happened to objective reporting?

October 17, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Dave

Crowley should apologize for her interferance in the debate last night. Her comment as to what Obama said in the Rose Garden was not correct or proper. Her opinion is not what we tuned in for. Obama is the one who needed to step up and explain his avoidance of the subject.

October 17, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Maggie Mulngavie

I've been switching channels lately and saw Soledad O'Brien's show this morning. To say I was appauled by her behavior is putting it mildly. She was interviewing John Sununu and was actually getting angry when he didn't agree with what she wanted him to say. She kept insisting that she was right and became over the top condescending when he came back at her insisting that she allow him to answer her questions. She was actually bullying him and was blatantly nasty. After the interview, she actually demeaned him and even put on twitter that he was hitting on her? What is wrong with this woman. She just recently had aother incident with Rudy Guiliani in which she became angry, nasty and was bullying him when he didn't agree with her about the Libya attacks, torturing and murders. She was so over the top with him that it was embarrassing to watch her. She is obviously all about supporting President Obama (and that is her right) but she's allowing her own personal beliefs to enter into her role on CNN. People are permitted to have differing opinions and she should know that and not try to use her show as a platform to attack anyone who disagrees with her about President Obama and his polticies. Wonder why she never asked Robert Gibbs why he, as an Obama campaign guy, is answering questions about national security – shouldn't that be someone with security clearance from the White House? This type of behavior only proves why most Americans are sick of those people who seemingly feel they can use their own positions as a platform to support a particular candidate and/or their own agenda. I won't be watching her show at all – its a waste of time and actually she is annoying. CNN should be embarrased by her. The only thing they have going for them is Anderson Cooper who is fair, honest and has integrity.

October 17, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Colomba

I lost completely my respect for Candy Crowley , what an unfair display of opinions leaning toward Obama, shame on you Candy

October 17, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Greg Y

I was split between punching out my TV and falling on the floor after hearing Ron Johnson this morning. That he had the unmitigated gall to lie so glaringly through his teeth (I hope they're dentures so that he can remove them and clean all of the "stuff" out of them after that!) about the recovery being underway in the 3rd quarter of 2008 has to take the cake for pants on fire, Pinocchio lies this week. I very clearly remember being forced onto unpaid furloughs in the fall of 2008, in watching project after project slow down or get shelved, of seeing people laid off, or taking 25% pay cuts, and hoping each and every day that a layoff wasn't in store. There was NO talk of recovery, of hope, nothing in the fall of 2008 to suggest ANYTHING positive. Unemployment was still in freefall and continued so until mid-2009, unemployment insurance claims also rose steadily until they peaked in mid-2009. And then of course to blame the entire collapse on the housing collapse (and by his explanation "Democrat policies"), completely ignores the overleveraging of subprime mortgages by the financial sector, or the fact that NOTHING was done to curb the housing bubble by the GOP led Congress under George Bush from 2000-2006. To somehow infer that the Democrats were able to wield such incredible influence as to unravel the entire US and global economies in a little over a year gives them credit for powers far beyond anything anyone remotely rational could believe. IF this Democratic Congress had that kind of power from 2006-2008, then I would imagine that we'd have had Single Payer healthcare, a fully developed national high speed rail, and wind/solar installations nationwide with zero oil consumption. Come on folks, get real!

October 17, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Ruth

The Pro-Romneyland flag was raised once again last night on CNN. Candy Crowley doing a good job overall let Mitt Romney run all over her and she stopped President Obama from giving an extremely important rebuttal for Romney's comments on the economy, i.e. the unemployment rate, the deficit, the unemployed. Today Presidnet Obama is being slammed for not responding to Romney's comments – Give me a break! But Candy let Romney jump back to rebut something that President Obama had said about China – when Romney was suppose to be answering a question from a participant. I believe that Candy said to just use the 2 minutes for whatever- let's keep moving. Also, the polling was very scued to Romney – Wolf Blizter said it in his own words that there were 33% Democrats polled; there were 33% Republicans polled – the percentage of Republicans polled was higher (8%) than CNN normally polls in national polls. Why was that done? The only answer is for the outcome of the poll to be pro Romney. Just another example of CNN's move to Romneyland. CNN should take down their flag of "Fair, Balanced, and Honest" reporting. CNN is no longer fair, balanced and honest in their reporting – they have definitely moved over to Romneyland.

October 17, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mark

Their time speaking was noticably unequal.

October 17, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Greg Y

Really, the total difference between the 2 was something like 3 minutes, over a 90 minute broadcast. I would hardly call that a "noticeable" difference. Does that difference include the numerous times that Romney incessantly reminded Candy that "he had the last question, the next one should be mine" or "I still have more time, I want to make sure I get my time"?

October 17, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
      • Ruth

I really am not talking about unequal time in speaking. I'm talking about time given to rebut a statement. In the discussion re our economic situation, Romney stated numerous statistics that did not give any credence to the economic situation that President had when he took office – basically wiping out any progress that has been made under President Obama – we were close to a depression when he took office.. When the President tried to respond to Romney's comments, Candy Crowley said to move on to the next question. Given that our economy seems to be at the forefront of this election – a very important topic – it seems as though Candy would have given the President his due rebutal time – as she gave Romney in other circumstances, or in her position as moderator, she could have asked a question of the President herself. But, this is the new CNN – the CNN of Romneyland. Their flag of Fair, Balanced and Honest journalism all wrapped up and put away.

October 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
      • Mark in SA

Ruth, one fact that has been ignored over and over is that the federal budget that pushed us over the cliff (things were already bad) was the FY08 Budget. The 110th US Congress passed that budget and that Congress was Democrat led in both Houses. Congressman Obama voted FOR that budget. Had the 110th US Congress not passed that budget, it never would have been sent to the Presidnet for signature into law. That FY08 Budget also had the spend projections thru 2012. All this is verifiable. President Obama knew what he was getting into when he decided to run for office. He knew he was getting the bill and still wanted to sit at that table. I don't blame him for it but he, along with all the others in the 110th US Congress and Presidnet Bush, played their part in making it happen. Now, the question is who can make things better? When you look at facts and figures, it appears that things are slowly turning around but there must be some drastic changes in many areas or we will simply be stuck in the mud. Regarding the debate itself, I think the overall feel of the was very negative on both sides. NPR likened it to primate alfa male behavior, again, from both sides. After it was over I felt like I wated my time watching.

October 17, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bruce H. Scroggins

Candy, did cut the President off, (but was fawning apoligetic too Romney and even said, say what ever you want (meaning, don't answer the question, these people are not important, after she kept saying, we have all these people, waiting... THAT WAS CLEAR, but don't expect CNN to bring up). that happened more than just once and Candy let Romney bully her all over the place.

John Sanunu, was bullying and insulting of Soladad, this morning, arrogantly insulting, I would not have him on again, until he made an on air apology to her, face to face. I believe Solada, guess and contributors, some of them are forced on her show. When Rolan Martin made his fopaw, he was suspened, for awhile and when Brietbart saud his sexist crap, he was let sit for a while, John Sanunu, should be sat, until after the elction and if I hear him on CNN again, I'll turn them off for good, nbelieve, I get news and facts, from many sources, I don't have to watch CNN, MSNBS, fixed fox, abc, CBS, NBC, NPR.

Call his butt out and tell him apologize, or see and I wouldn't want to be yah.

October 17, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kaleb

ahaha, this isn't even remotely true. It wasn't that Candy let Romney run all over her; it's that Obama actually stopped talking most of the time Candy asked him to, and Romney didn't.

October 17, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • James VanEtten

Apparently you were only watching that debate with your left eye. Casndy afforded mamy opportunities to Obama including the fact that in this debate(as well as the previous debate) the president was allowed more talking time. Check the transcripts not only did president Obama speak for a longer time, so did his VP. CNN is so left of center this year I can hardly stand to watch their pundant reports and I watch all the major new stations.

October 22, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Mark

I never did hear an answer to who denied the extra security that was requested for the Embassy in Lybia. It was the security experts that made the request. Now, no one seems to be able to figure out who denied the request. What a mess. Having said that, I do believe that finding out what really happened has to be a priority. Any reaction before knowing what really took place is simply a "knee jerk" reaction. We've all done it at one time or another but the truth is, knee-jerk reactions are usually not productive.

October 17, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Peter N. James

Regrettably, the President of the United States has not taken seriously the job that Americans hired him to perform, which includes defending and protecting the United States and its citizens. It is unforgivable for any president to personally miss attending his daily morning CIA and national security briefings (apparently 60% of the time) in an age of nuclear weapons and with Islamic Terrorism rampant in the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Additionally, it is unacceptable for both the president and vice president to claim that they were never told that the ambassador and other State Department officials in Libya had requested additional security for the American consulate in Benghazi. The failure of the president to address the nation following the brutal murders of the American ambassador and three Americans, in lieu of attending political fund raising events indicates that the White House never thought that Benghazi would be an issue that his political advisers couldn't handle.

October 17, 2012 at 9:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Michelle

Me neither....I can't believe Candy butted in twice, first to correct Mitt, because she said Obeyme nodded at her for interjection and then to move off the subject..WHERE DID JOURNALISM GO? Furthermore she was wrong Obeyme said "No acts of terror shall...." He was talking in general about 2001 and 2012 and did not call the Benghazi attack an act of terror. Furthermore, what was she doing with a transcript of Obeyme's remarks from a speech a month ago on her desk. WE ARE IN BIG TROUBLE AS A COUNTRY IF THE MEDIA IS IN BED WITH OBEYME!!!##

October 17, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kaleb

rofl, you answered your own question. Obama's answer was that they're still investigating it in order to avoid those nasty 'knee-jerk reactions' for which you showed so much disdain.

October 17, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary Anne

Mark, you are right, someone (search) in the State Department saw the memo, call, email requesting more security in Bengazi. But the big point here is the Mr Obama was acting as President (not politician) in putting forward general statements in these 72hours of Embassy Attacks due to this video in Cairo, Yemen and other Islamic countries with staff in there too. He called it a Terrorist Attack on 9/12, then remained "Presidential" until all other US personnel were safe and secure. We dont know what happened behind the scenes, just saw on Talk TV (ref the new movie ARGO)

October 19, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Oddus M

As an independent voter who is still undecided I would have hoped to have gotten a truly objective review of the debate. If I wanted a right or left point of view I would watch Fox or MSNBC. Im watching your show for the first time, but it has turned into an Obama support panel with an occasional Conservative that gets verbally assaulted by two or three people at a time.

October 17, 2012 at 8:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. FInch

Listening to Senator Johnson, he has not mentioned that the Republicans in Congress made it clear they would not work with this President. We need a new congress that will work with Obama. Does Senator Johnson not understand that the President does not write the bills – Congress does?

October 17, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Peter N. James

The Bob Woodward book makes it clear that President Obama would not deal with the Republican Congress. What comes across to me is that President Obama is a loner who cannot get along with people who disagree with him. As governor of Massachusetts, Romney had to deal with a legislature that was more than 80 percent DEMOCRATS, and he did it very successfully This election will be a Romney landslide victory because even Democrats are tired of GRIDLOCK created by a president who cannot lead. Look at it this way: President Obama had a Democrat House and Senate during the first two years of his presidency and chose not to implement all of those "wonderful ideas" that he is NOW proposing for four more years. He squandered his political advantage with OBAMACARE to the detriment of all other ideas he wants to implement now. Sorry, but a Community Organizer with no executive experience is not what America needs during the next 4 years.

October 17, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mark

Funny you should mention that the President doesn't write the bills, but Congress does: it was the 110th US Congress that passed the FY08 budget in 2007. That Congress was Democrat led in both Houses. That was the budget that pushed us over the cliff into recession. This can be Googled yourself. Had the 110th US Congress not passed that budget, it would not have been sent for Presidential signature into law.

October 17, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Bruce H. Scroggins

No seriuosly, seriously, what are on, the 2007 budget didn't push, or cause the Reccession. Revisionist history much. The recession, was caused by several FACTORS, not ALONE the buget as you say. The two main, culprites were Banking and the Stock Market/Housing Industr it was also a culmative effect og Big Buisnesses sherdding JOBS and Out sourcing, even down sizing. Preisdent Obama signing the budget created in 2007, didn't cause, or pust our recession over a clift, that's not even remotely true. How much was lost and what was lost in the Stock Market crash? Pensions and Private Savings and Investment, Hoem Mortgages, ityt was a $7 Trillion, TRANSFER OF WEALTH.

October 17, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  16. What The

When is Ms. O’Brien going to work on the committee to reelect the president? Oh, she already is. It sure seems like she is taking this Libya terrorist story just a little toooo personal. Wow, this is just like something that would be on Fox News but only different!

October 17, 2012 at 8:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Mary

I wish Soledad had taken more control and stopped the interview sooner. There is no value in his comments. He's simply too one sided. Additionally, his combative and rude behavior is just unacceptable. No one – Republicans included – want to watch this old idiot. Stop interviewing him!

October 17, 2012 at 8:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. FInch

Romeny thinks rather than ensuring I receive equal pay, I should satisfy my financial needs by getting home on time to cook dinner. What a dinosaur of a man. Go back to your cave Mitt and take your nasty, mean-spirited party with you.
    Oh, by the way, It would be nice to get home on time; however, your party cut transportation funding so the roads in Atlanta always look like a mass evacuation from a hurricane.

October 17, 2012 at 7:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Peter N. James

I have a few minutes to deal with commentaries like yours. Once Romney is elected by a landslide, you will see that he truly wants to serve 100% of the American people as president of the United States. Even bitter people who feel hurt by past events will see that it is better for Democrats and Republicans to work together, than to continue with what we have in America today. In Florida, you will find a wave of Democrats, and I am talking about women, Hispanics, elderly, the Jewish community, and many other traditionally Democrat voters, voting FOR Romney rather than against Obama.

October 17, 2012 at 9:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. FInch

So Romney thinks the answer to gun control is to make single women get married. Hum. I remind Romeny that single moms do jsut as good a job of raising children – look at Leonardo De Vinci and Barrack Obama. Whereas Adolf Hitler was the product of a two parent home.

October 17, 2012 at 7:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mark

What I heard him say (and this is not a quote) is that statistically, a two income household is less likely to suffer economically and children of two income households are in a better circumstance to achieve. We all know there are no guarantees but a two income household increases chances of success chances. Many married couples suffer as well though.

October 17, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kaleb

As Mark said, he was actually talking about how to reduce the overall proliferation of violence in the country, not how marriage is related to gun control. He started by saying that he doesn't believe in any new gun laws.

October 17, 2012 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. pamela

The interview was EXHAUSTING!!! Substance and specifics please.

October 17, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Don Welch

As a former state representative from New Hampshire, I do not know why you air our former Gov. John Sununu. he is a blowhard, rude, and disrespectful. This is not the New Hampshire Way! Treating Americans through your airwaves like the way he treated us as citizens of New Hampshire. By the way, he looks like he never missed a meal that was cooked for him at 5 PM!

October 17, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. FInch

Governor Sununo is exactly why I run from the Republican Party – he comes across as a bullying, nasty, dishonest men who wants to dictate how you should think and if you don't agree with him, he reverts to calling you names. What a cry-baby. Why would any party want someone like Grumpy Sununo as their image? Let him stay on FOX News where he can lie and they will swear to it.
    Oh, did you catch the point where Romeny said "Government does not create jobs?" Didn't Tomney say he would create 12 million jobs?

October 17, 2012 at 7:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mark

You know, CNN keeps inviting him back. It’s not like anything he does is a surprise to them. I think the CNN producers want conflict because it gets people fired up. I think Soledad and Sununu need counseling. They just don't get along because they are both so passionate about what they believe.

October 17, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Greg Y

I keep wondering this myself. The GOP Mantra is that gov't doesn't create jobs, yet they blame Obama for a lack of jobs. Also, Congress is the body which spends and borrows and taxes, yet they keep putting the blame at the Presidents feet, yet when we discuss 2006-2008 under Bush, it was the Democratic controlled Congress that was the villain. Gee, I just don't know, for some odd reason I get this feeling of inconsistency, must be my imgaination. Btw, if the gov't doesn't create jobs, then why are all of those workers at GE, Boeing, General Dynamics, Lockheed, etc... building F22's, Ospreys, Viriginia class Subs, and why is Congress appropriating $3 billion to refurbish M1A1 Abrahms tanks. Would the private sector just build all of this stuff in advance and hope that the Pentagon would eventually buy hundreds of billions in new weapons? Yeah, sure!

October 17, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kaleb

Agreed. Sununu is a giant baby in the guise of an old man.

October 17, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Todd Peterson

Why do you constantly have politicians and campaign surrogates on your program? All they are going to do is parrot the same old tired party line. As a news organization you should be focused on getting to the truth which is the last thing you will get from these people. You should not give them free airtime for their rhetoric but rather have independent analysts on that can tell us the truth behind what the politicians are saying.

October 17, 2012 at 7:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. A Mom

I don't know how you do it, Soledad.. I would have said, "Well, that's all the time we have for today. . ." I guess that's why you have your job and I have mine. People who yell and try to distract from the real issues/topic are a waste of time. This was not the atmosphere to start pushing what he wanted to say (Instead of what was asked of him). He comes across as an ignorant a**.

October 17, 2012 at 7:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Mike

I wish Soledad would tell Republicans that she's a Democrate at the beginning of her interviews so that you the viewers will know that she will always side with the Democrates.

October 17, 2012 at 7:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Nakia McCarrell

I think he was disrespectful just like Mitt was last night! Way to hang in there with class and grace. Have a good day sir!

October 17, 2012 at 7:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Chris Dailey

The conversation was frustrating to view. If one says 2 2=4 and the says, no, it's 5. Well, hard to relate and annoying to watch. Love ya for fighting the good fight, though.

My wish is that one day we all add the same.

October 17, 2012 at 7:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Heidi Smith

First, does Sununu think we are stupid? The President's Rose Garden statement clearly identifies the Benghazi tragedy as a terrorist act. Secondly, is Sununu's rude and belligerant diatribe an example of the kind of leadership this country needs? Republican's must be getting desperate to think such outrageous and baseless attacks on anyone, including the media, will be taken with any kind of seriousness.

October 17, 2012 at 7:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Kahdir

You need a buzzer for when he strays from the question and on to talking points.

October 17, 2012 at 7:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Greg Y

the debate would have been an non-stop "buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

October 17, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Gina

Soladad, you really disappoint me. You are so biased and for Obama. It is shown by your reactions to mr Sununu this
    morning. I use to watch CNN a lot, and now I'm ashamed at how u only pick out what works for Obama in your reporting. Like only showing parts of an Obama speech. That is unfair and biased. No more CNN for me. Good bye. Gina

October 17, 2012 at 7:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Randy999

Why do you allow such a jerk on your show. Sununu is beyond reason. He just yells his points and just displays the overbearing arrogance of the Republiconns. Save your audience from such crap and ban him from CNN. They can watch FOX if that is the type if interview they crave.

October 17, 2012 at 7:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Carl Williams

Why are you wasting everyone's time with Sununu

October 17, 2012 at 7:14 am | Report abuse | Reply