Coming up Wednesday

Wildfires burn through Colorado causing thousands to evacuate, and protests in Turkey are in 13th day. Tune in at 7am ET.
Calling all early voters: Share your 'Votergraph' with us!
Millions will vote early in the 2012 election. Who are these early voters? We aim to find out in our new "Votergraph" project with iReport.
October 24th, 2012

Calling all early voters: Share your 'Votergraph' with us!

During the 2012 presidential election, millions of voters will have the option to cast a ballot for their candidate much earlier than Election Day on Nov. 6th.

According to CNN.com reporting, voting experts estimate approximately 35% to 40% of eligible voters are expected to cast their vote before Election Day. That's 5% to 10% more than those who voted early in 2008. By some estimates, over 2 million votes for president may have already been cast.

To all those folks who have already voted or plan to vote before Nov. 6th, we want to hear from you.

We've partnered with iReport to try to gather a snapshot of what all these early voters look like, and what's most important to them in this election. We're calling it "Votergraphs." Check out the iReport "Votergraph" page here.

If you have voted early or plan to, go to the iReport "Votergraph" assignment page to upload a photo of yourself (at the polling place, with your ballot, or even with your family or at home...whatever you think showcases why you decided to vote early) and include the following information:

Name:
Age:
City, State:
Why you chose to vote early:
Who you voted for:
The biggest issue for you in this election:

Throughout the next two weeks, we're going to share your stories with our audience on "Early Start" and "Starting Point" to help the country get a good picture of how important early voters will be to shaping this election.

Filed under: 2012 Race • Votergraph
  1. Finch

With all due respect Christine Romans – the President doesn't create job. He can't order a company to set up shop in any state. It's up to the Governors to create jobs so why don't you hold the Governor's responsible for the economy?

November 5, 2012 at 7:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Mary Ann Cardellino

Why doesn't ANYONE talk about how this country has been GUTTED of manufacturing jobs by Multinationalists, like Mitt Romney, who take advantage of cheap labor where ever they can?!?!

November 2, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. crunch 49

Your completely biased opinion regarding Pres Obama has swayed my vote away from him and towards Romney. At 62 years old, I'm wise enough and educated enough to form my own opinions and I have total disdain for people who talk down to me and think only their opinion matters and facts don't matter. I have been a CNN watcher for years, but your behavior during this election has forced me to turn off CNN and search for an alternative outlet where I'm not treated like an idiot.

October 31, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lynda

How can you let one persons opinion change how you vote? This is giving too much weight to one person or CNN. I'm liberal but look at all the news before casting my vote.

November 1, 2012 at 9:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mr. Bogus

Soledad O'Brien and CNN are the most biased LIBERAL broadcast on television. Fox doesn't lean as far right as CNN leans left and so blatantly tips their hand as to which party they support. I still can't believe Candy Crowley was appointed moderator for one of the Presidential debates. She and Soledad are the absolute most radical Democrats on TV. I thought news networks were suppose to present the NEWS not their political choice and try to sell viewers on that position. Guess I was wrong on this one about CNN.

November 3, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. virginia sue johnson

Yesterday i drove total 150 miles so my ptsd,dementia,alz,dianosed vietnam vet(brother), voted obama,n lucid moments he laid his vr. card on table and said obama,honor. I honored my brothers wishes,Now you honor my brother /all vets free up red tape, 18 mo, after app. still no assistance.Thank god he has a family that tries as hard as they can to support him..Thank you soledad for allowing this forum,and hugs to you.

October 31, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • LENNY

I am a vet also I hear you loud and clear. I am so upset with this voting problem. we go and fight for our country and for other countries to have voting rights and we can hardley vote here. I think we need to vote all the white house out and put some people in there that will support us and not fight against each other. I love my country but I have little respect for people who will cause America to go under just to hurt a President.

November 5, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. JC

Obrien is so bias toward Obama she cannot be objective in her reporting. This morning I heard her repeatedly try to slant talk of getting rid of FEMA to not acknowledge what her panelist was saying was said by Romney. She cherry picked one segment but refused to acknowledge another segment of his speaches.

He believes that the States should be the major responder to diasters with help from both the goverment and FEMA. He said FEMA has a role but the states are first respondders not FEMA. This is common sense and the best way to handle disasters. If you have ever been to a disater handled by California you can see how well as state can handle disasters if properly trained and funded. FEMA should be a funding and preperations agency not a responding agency.

However Obrien cannot accept anything outside her personal views. I find the morning news so bias now (since Obrien had become host) I watch HLN. I do watch CNN after Obrien goes off air as the rest of the staff (especially Blitzer) do a good job of objective news reporting. I just have to remember to change the channel in the mornings.

I don't want personal views and bias. I want objective news from the hosts. Select your guests to give both sides of an issue and be bias and give subjective views and have the host try to give both sides of an issue remaining non bias.

The host must be objective and ensure they present both side of an issue. And before you think I am pro repulican as a reason for my commetns I have been a democrat for all my voting life.

October 31, 2012 at 9:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Marc

Obama did not play politics with Benghazi. He acted as president on 9/11, as well as on 10/31.

Pataki's comparisons are illogical. Was Obama supposed to travel to Benghazi as if it were NJ? No. Of course not. That is what Pataki posited as his premise for why Obama played politics.

October 31, 2012 at 8:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Stephanie in Seattle

You obviously missed something

November 1, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • John Q Public

No he didn't, you're listening to CNN talking points while the truth is being buried and swept under the rug. There is enough to prosecute this entire State Dept on wrt Bengazi.

November 1, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Metoo

Interesting that the comments surrounding this election and race only come up when a white person makes a veiled reference. Black people openly say they are voting for President Obama because he is black and they get a pass. That type of voting is as much racism as anything.

October 26, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • John Q Public

Hallelujah, someone else here notices the lies and blatant racism too.

November 1, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse | Reply