Coming up Wednesday

Wildfires burn through Colorado causing thousands to evacuate, and protests in Turkey are in 13th day. Tune in at 7am ET.
November 7th, 2012

Early Start/Starting Point Election Day after live blog for Nov. 7th, 2012

NOTE: Click here if you're having trouble seeing the Starting Point live blog updates.

We've opened a live blog for the day after Election Day, with "Early Start" & "Starting Point" manning the coverage from 3a to 9a Eastern this morning. John Berman, Soledad O'Brien, Zoraida Sambolin, Christine Romans and our show producers will be moderating.

We encourage you to share your comments, ask questions, and maybe even record a webcam response to post to the feed.

A few ground rules:

* All comments and video submissions will be moderated, so please refrain from using any inappropriate language or gestures. We want to keep this a lively, interesting conversation.
* Any webcam submissions are limited to one minute long. Try to keep your responses short.
* By posting in this live blog, you agree any comments & content with your name and profile picture may be used by CNN, its affiliates and licensees in all media. CNN.com/privacy

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Cheryl Y

Thank you, Rep. Latourette – and your wife! I had this same conversation just last evening with several Republican men at a business dinner. I consider myself an Independent as I have never registered for a party – although I more often vote Democrat. Like the Representative's wife, I was 'this close' to voting for Romney based on the fiscal issues, but then the statements made about pregnancy even from rape being a gift from God, tells me that the Republicans are allowing their fringe elements to carry their message. I could not, in good conscience, vote out of alignment with my value system. I'm an educated woman (attorney), and if the Republican party hopes to get my vote in the future, it has to start repudiating these crazies and give women a platform they can identify with (which, in my mind, means getting out of my private life).

November 9, 2012 at 7:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Rolf-Michael Born

First a story and then a Question. Years ago I was on the board of a large soccer organization. Elections for Commissioner were upon us and as such each candidate (2) got to give a 5 minute speech to the board as to why they should get elected. The reigning commissioner gave her speech and then the person running against gave his speech and in it he said that if elected he had a great plan to vastly improve the program for all the children, he lost and and I asked him that if he truly cared for the kids why did he not offer the program to the board to help out the children to which I received no response. Now for the question. Romney stated that he had a plan to create 12 million jobs to get Americans back to work, He states he loves this country so will he now offer this plan to the American public even though he lost and on the other side if he does offer his plan will the president sit down with him to discuss this great plan. It seems to me that these are legitamate questions to ask of both if the love for country is truly on their list

November 7, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Michele Gesell

Boehner's reaction is encouraging but the ppl will have to see it first. I do not know any other person in this country who can continuously collect a paycheck while doing no work. It is time to do the ppl's work and Pres. Obama has made clear that the ppl will be included in this recovery effort and process. This will give the ppl the chance to witness any obstructionism regardless of party. The days of putting the politics before the ppl are done. I, for one, plan to blow up my representatives phone if there is no action or bipartisan compromise on their part.

November 7, 2012 at 8:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Sookie

Mrs. O’Brien I can believe you just asked the DNC Chairwomen, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, why there was a twenty point gap among white voters? I would think that you would already know that answer and you were a little rude to her, when she did try to answer. Since you could pass, maybe you don‘t get it, allow me to break it down for you, some white people in America, not all, hate to see President Obama in the Whitehouse because of the color of his skin and they would rather vote for a lair like Gov. Romney then see a mulatto in the Whitehouse with his beautiful family for four more years!

November 7, 2012 at 8:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Michele Gesell

@Gesell61755: @cnnbrk @Soledad_OBrien ...GOP *upcoming star*, Aaron Schock. Look back over at a career that began @19 yrs old.

November 7, 2012 at 7:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Deb

After this the GOP should look at their past vile statements made on CNN and others. The rage they displayed, like Rudy the ex mayor of NYC raged on Morgan's show and McCain is an ex-patriot and should be looked at seriously for treason. Used to respect this guy but he is a bitter old man. These people are never held accountable for their statements to the public. The GOP has too much age in their group of spinners and the youth of this country are not interested in a party that has old ideas and policies. Religion has no role in government and the personal issues of gay or straight are personal and our government should stay out of it. The GOP wants less government and yet they try to insert themselves in issues that are not their business. Soledad you are the best in the business no other network anchor asks the real questions. Keep up the good work.

November 7, 2012 at 7:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Darlene Russo

Although I agree with Soledad's asscessment of 'The Donald' he is correct in stating that we are not a democracy, we are a 'Republic' democracy for it's part can be unstable and therefore in order to bring about a more perfect union our founding fathers labored to put in place a goverment of checks and balances.

As for 'The Donald' we all know his elevator doesn't go to the top of Trump Towers.

November 7, 2012 at 7:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. rem77

My daughter is 28 single a math teacher w 14,000 Usd in school loan debt who last time voted for Obama..she was downsized as a relatively new math teacher grad and layer off from 2 jobs needed for school loan forgiveness, not a slouch and a hard working gal she is signed up and teaching as a substitute teacher in 6 districts and has been looking for a permanent job for the past 9 months. She is also going to night school to study nursing incurring more school loan debt because she needs a job that can support herself. she gets teary listening to the rhetoric of jobs for teachers!

November 7, 2012 at 6:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Michele Gesell

I feel for your daughter. My son is 29, graduated from college at 21 with a criminal science degree with the intention of becoming a police officer. I don't know what state you live in but I'm in IL. Police Depts, schools, along with many social service agencies have had funding cuts so deep that they don't have the money. The state isn't hoarding but too deep in debt. Your daughter is doing the right thing, often substitute positions can lead to a FT one. She should get a foot in the door subbing at a private school as well. They aren't dependent on state funding. Best Best Best of luck to your daughter!

November 7, 2012 at 7:40 am | Report abuse | Reply