Coming up Wednesday

Wildfires burn through Colorado causing thousands to evacuate, and protests in Turkey are in 13th day. Tune in at 7am ET.
November 13th, 2012

Starting Point live blog for Tuesday, Nov. 13th, 2012

NOTE: Click here if you're having trouble seeing the Starting Point live blog updates.

We've opened a live blog for "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien" this morning. Soledad is in our New York City studio with the latest on the new twist in the Petraeus sex scandal with the news Gen. John Allen is also under investigation, and with 49 days until the US reaches the fiscal cliff, DNC Chair Rep. Wasserman Schultz along with Rep. Jason Chaffetz and Rep. Elijah Cummings discuss whether a compromise is possible. Soledad and our Starting Point producers will be moderating.

We encourage you to share your comments, ask questions, and maybe even record a webcam response to post to the feed.

A few ground rules:

* All comments and video submissions will be moderated, so please refrain from using any inappropriate language or gestures. We want to keep this a lively, interesting conversation.
* Any webcam submissions are limited to one minute long. Try to keep your responses short.
* By posting in this live blog, you agree any comments & content with your name and profile picture may be used by CNN, its affiliates and licensees in all media. CNN.com/privacy

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Louise Wilkins

Soledad... you are the only credible news reporter on cnn ...however... Cnn seems to be stepping into the phone booth, changing from a decent news channel to Fox news. I watched for quite awhile until President Obama won office.... Then omg... I had to stop because of all the negativity and total disrespect for anything the "black" man does. Now CNN is becoming Fox, re/ Ted Nuegent ....I cannot even hear his name without a very creepy feeling coming over me. Anyway, I will watch you and MSNBC for the truth. Cnn used to stay on all day for me ... NEVERMORE said the raven..... Best wishes and a prayer for you to get the huge raise you deserve. Louise

February 11, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Fred Proddy

I came back to CNN for the election coverage and ended up discovering "Starting Point." What a great show! It restores my faith in television news.

November 20, 2012 at 7:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Ginger

Soledad should be fired for calling the GOP official from Maine – QUOTE "CRAZY". She said it several times. She did NOT look into whether he was telling the truth or not. That did not matter to her – she called him crazy again and again. And Will was correct – she IS calling him racist, whether she uses the word or not. And other than Will, the other panel members who spoke up were of the opinion that voter fraud was irrelevant – did not matter at ALL! What! Are you kidding me! Soledad SHOULD have said that the relevant point was that if there is ANY hint whatsoever that voter fraud occurred, it needs to be investigated. Voter fraud is extremely important, and should be taken very seriously. The outcome is not the point. I cannot believe these people sit there on their high horse on television and pretend to be intelligent, when they miss the most basic point. She needs to publicly apologize and resign in disgrace. If she called me crazy on national television, you bet I would absolutely demand that she is fired on the spot. She has not right to call anybody crazy. Is that what CNN is all about? Really? Deciding who is and is not crazy...HELLO CNN. Stop this immediately! I am very serious about this. I don't know anything about the man in Maine. I just know that his statement has not been investigated – I think he just said what he knew. And now on mainstream television he has been called crazy by Soledad O'Brien. Unconscionable.

November 16, 2012 at 7:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Louise Wilkins

Ginger , go to Fox ....if you want to get really upset about name calling and total disregard for fact checking... but good for you for voicing you right to speak out on things that are not right. Take Care...

February 11, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. John Green

Could you imagine the scandals in D.C. if the closets opened up, it would be a archoligest dream.

November 14, 2012 at 6:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Rob

2 Points
    1) Gmail is actually quite secure. Google invests a great deal of effort into it's security. In addition, it's a throw away account. Easy to create then easy to walk away from without any strings attached. It's exactly what a spy would do :)

2) Government computer systems are heavily monitored. I suppose x10 in the CIA. Everything is logged. One would not utilize a government system to carry on an affair if they are smart.

November 13, 2012 at 7:22 am | Report abuse | Reply