Coming up Wednesday

Wildfires burn through Colorado causing thousands to evacuate, and protests in Turkey are in 13th day. Tune in at 7am ET.
November 26th, 2012

Grinnell sophomore Jack Taylor on breaking NCAA single-game scoring record: 'I was a ball hog...but it was a team effort'

Grinnell College sophomore Jack Taylor made headlines and turned heads last week when he scored 138 points during the Pioneers' 179-104 win Tuesday night against Faith Baptist Bible College in an Iowa- Division III match up.

Taylor broke an NCAA record for most points scored in a single game. Taylor, a 5' 10", 170-pound guard from Black River Falls, Wisconsin, shot 52-of-108 from the field, which comes out to roughly one shot every 20 seconds. Taylor stunned even prominent NBA players.

The instant phenom joins Soledad O’ Brien live from Grinnell, Iowa via Skype on "Starting Point" this morning.

Posted by
Filed under: Basketball
  1. Isaiah

i do not think he was ball hog his team kept giving him the ball so they obviously they did not have problem with it.

November 27, 2012 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Brittney

He is not a ball hog is he a basketball star! In my opinion he isn't a ball hog because he said that every chance the team got, they would get the ball to him; which means that they helped him with the record. They should be proud that someone on their team broke the long time record while two major basketball players were watching.

November 27, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Evelyn

Ok,so Jack Taylor is really cute....but i have to admit he was being a bit of a ball hog its so obvious that the coach told him to.

November 27, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Haley Craven

I think he is not a ball hog because he is just a good basketball player..!

November 27, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Emma

He is not a ball hog his team said that they would pass the ball to him his I absolutely a ball star

November 27, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. whitney

He is not a hog because his teamates kep giving him the ball.

November 27, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. whitney

I dont he is a hog I think he is a hero. He is teaching us you can do anything if you try no matter how young or old you are.

November 27, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Shaina

I think that he played well. I also believe that he tried to let the other players take the ball, but his coach insisted that they give him the ball. I mean why wouldn't you give someone the ball that was on fire? It is just good coaching, and strategy.

November 27, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. gretchen

I know how you fell because after my baketball games my parents call me a ball houg and most of the time i am.
    in a way you were and then you werent because if my coach and teamates told me to keep shooting i would too and congrats on your awesome record.

November 26, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply