Coming up Wednesday

Wildfires burn through Colorado causing thousands to evacuate, and protests in Turkey are in 13th day. Tune in at 7am ET.
March 13th, 2013

'Please bring my baby back home' – Mom makes tearful plea for return of missing teacher Terrilynn Monette

A desperate search underway now for a missing teacher in New Orleans.

Terrilynn Monette, a 26-year-old from Long Beach, Calif., vanished nearly two weeks ago in Louisiana. She was with friends at a bar to celebrate having just been nominated for a "Teacher of the Year" award. She told friends she was going to take a nap in her car before driving home, and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

On "Starting Point" this morning, Monette's mother Toni Enclade talks with Soledad O'Brien about the search and why she believes someone abducted her daughter.

"So far I haven't received any information," Enclade says. "I just know they have requested Equusearch to come out and assist in the search for her, they should be arriving this morning so they can search the bodies of water to check to see if there are any signs possibly of her or her car."

Enclade explains that between Terrilynn, her and her other daughter, the family was very close. She fears someone took her daughter against her will. She sends a message to whomever may have abducted her daughter.

"Please bring my baby back home to me, please," She says through tears. "It's very hard. I can't sleep at night. I can't eat. I keep thinking about my child and where she could be. I just want her back. So please, if you're listening and watching this, please bring Terrilynn home. Please that's all I want. I want her home."

Filed under: Missing persons
  1. check this out

What i do not realize is if truth be told how you are now not actually much more well-liked than you may be now. You're so intelligent. You know thus considerably in the case of this topic, produced me in my opinion imagine it from a lot of numerous angles. Its like women and men don't seem to be interested unless it is one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs excellent. At all times take care of it up!

April 18, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. LatinLover69

This story sadden me deeply, I hope and pray she is found same. God Bless

March 20, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. PEnny

This is hard to watch. wow just wow.

March 18, 2013 at 1:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Val

Yeah. I agree with Julia. Whoever said she went out to the car to sleep is super suspicious. My prayers are with this family

March 16, 2013 at 5:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. hutch

I have a daughter and I can't imagine something like this. It makes me sick to my stomach. I pray that your daughter is returned to you. Lord have mercy!

March 15, 2013 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Lorna

I pray for this family and this young ladies safe return, peace

March 14, 2013 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Julia Gatt

My heart goes out to her. I wonder if the police are looking into the person or persons that gave the statement that her daughter went to go sleep in her car before leaving, I really find that to be suspicious

March 14, 2013 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. inquirying mind

I m sorry for what this family is going through. That said, how can a "Teacher of the Year" nominee exhibit such poor judgement??

March 14, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tammie

We have all used poor judgment at some time in our lives.

March 16, 2013 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • TheApewithsomething2say

I really dislike when inquirying minds like yourself express the careless comments as the one you just typed. Poor judgement didn't get her missing or any of the others that come up missing. When will there be censorship on thoughtless comments that negatively takes a sensitive story and making it insensitive. I guess earth will turn into hell after all if we keep going the way we are going. Just gotta love the freedom of speech.

March 17, 2013 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. tracy

I heard this mom on the Tom Joyner morning show..I really hope the mom gets all the assistance needed to find her daughter!

March 14, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. tdeveson

This is every parent's nightmare. My heart breaks for this mother - the thought that my own daughter might just disappear one day and I'd have to be waiting for news about whether she's at the bottom of a lake is just too much. My most fervent hope that this young woman can return to her family and friends.

March 14, 2013 at 11:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Derrick

My heart goes out to this family. My prayers are with you.

March 13, 2013 at 11:38 am | Report abuse | Reply