Coming up Wednesday

Wildfires burn through Colorado causing thousands to evacuate, and protests in Turkey are in 13th day. Tune in at 7am ET.
September 12th, 2012

Starting Point live blog for Wednesday, Sept. 12th, 2012

NOTE: Click here if you're having trouble seeing the Starting Point live blog updates.

We've opened a live blog for "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien" this morning. Soledad is off, and in her place Brooke Baldwin and John Berman are live with the latest on attacks at US compounds in Egypt and Libya, and the death of US Ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens. Brooke, John and our Starting Point producers will be moderating.

We encourage you to share your comments, ask questions, and maybe even record a webcam response to post to the feed.

A few ground rules:

* All comments and video submissions will be moderated, so please refrain from using any inappropriate language or gestures. We want to keep this a lively, interesting conversation.
* Any webcam submissions are limited to one minute long. Try to keep your responses short.
* By posting in this live blog, you agree any comments & content with your name and profile picture may be used by CNN, its affiliates and licensees in all media. CNN.com/privacy

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Dan Burrhus

Soledad's liberal bias is disgraceful for someone who calls herself a journalist. Stop the facade, I'd have more respect for an honest admission of her bias than her facade of objectivity. This liberal bias is sure to garner the 20% of the US population (and socialist regimes around the world) and perhaps another 40% of the US population whose IQs or political or economic knowledge is as low as Soledad's ratings. But not the fact based rest of us.

October 6, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dan Burrhus

Neglected to conclude the 20% comment with: of liberals.

October 6, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Jerry Gordon

Dear Soledad,
    I am one of the 47% by no choice of my own. I served my country for 19years 7 months and 28 days as an Officer in the U.S. Army. I was medically retired due to injuries in 2008. I was injured in June 2005. I did not get up that day and say “I think today is a good day to go out and get hurt nor did any of the other soldiers who have been injured in service of our country. I was given 40% medical retirement, seven months later. I was found a 100% disabled by the VA at that point the Army took away all but $600 dollars of my pension in lui of the VA Compensation. The Army also sent my medical records to Social Security and I was placed on Social Security Disability. The Army also made my Tricare Medical as secondary to Medicare. I would love to go back to work But every time I go out and apply for a job they ask do you receive VA Compensation and what percentage. When I say yes 100%, then they do not have an opening for me. I want to take responsibility for my life. But how do I do it when NO ONE will give you a chance. I would love to ask Mr. Romney and the President this. The Congress and the Senate refuse to act on a bill to correct the problem about the pension and the VA compensation for Chapter 61 medical retried soldiers Shame on them all. I wish someone would putthis back inthe news for us (Chapter 61 VETs). It seames that we are being foregotten by our nation.

Jerry Gordon
    LTC,USA (RET)
    The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.
    Douglas MacArthur
    "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell
    "The art of war is not about dying for your country. It's about making the
    other (GUY) die for his"
    General George S. Patton

September 19, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Brandon Sharpley

I'm so surprised this morning, another republican politician that refused to answer a single question he was asked. We won't here about Romney's economic plan because it's undeveloped and the bits they have developed are horrible for the american public. 33% cuts to education over 10 years, that's enough to ruin america alone.

September 19, 2012 at 7:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dan Burrhus

I refuse to answer gotcha questions too.

October 6, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Joe Wright

Soledad's exchange with Bay Buchanan was disgraceful. Come on Soledad, you can't really be as dumb as you played in spinning Romney's comments. All respect was lost.. your bias was blatantly on display... I thought I was watching MSNBC..... are you related to Sharpton?

September 18, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply